In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.
In Other Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Doubts and Discoveries Empty
Latest topics
» Die Rolling, HOW to
Doubts and Discoveries I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 7:17 am by Narrator

» The City; Game discussion
Doubts and Discoveries I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:24 am by Narrator

» House Rathien and the Paramandic Oath
Doubts and Discoveries I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 2:00 pm by Narrator

» Divine Code
Doubts and Discoveries I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:55 pm by Narrator

» Happiness
Doubts and Discoveries I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:45 pm by Narrator

» Freedom at Last
Doubts and Discoveries I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 7:27 am by Narrator

» Gear
Doubts and Discoveries I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 11:44 am by Narrator

» Role Call
Doubts and Discoveries I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 12:27 pm by Elridge Cleaver

» vacation
Doubts and Discoveries I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:51 pm by Gavin Harrison

Most active topic starters
Narrator
Doubts and Discoveries I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries I_vote_rcap 
Red Samaritan
Doubts and Discoveries I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries I_vote_rcap 
Tigerwasp

Doubts and Discoveries

+3
Galatea
Southern Cross
Narrator
7 posters

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Go down

Doubts and Discoveries Empty Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:18 pm

March 24, 2010
Unknown wilderness
Participants: Armor, Galatea, Red Samaritan, and Southern Cross

The dreams have been pretty vague over the last several days. Images of pinpoints of darkness, surrounded by a bright-red lit halo fill your head. Men, maybe doctors by their garb, shuffling around a shadowed corpse on a table; The feeling that it was you on the table has awakened you a few times over the past week. People dying is such horrendous fashions you are hard pressed to recall much more than the sick feeling it gave you to see it. Visions of apocalyptic scenes with billions dead and a hooded humanoid figure shrieking at the sky “Why!!”
The fact that you have no recollection of March 15th was the most unsettling however.

Just two days ago, U! News was interviewing a patient who had a psychotic episode a few days ago. Sheryl is a registered telepath and mega-intellect and had done consulting for various law enforcement agencies in the U.S. She claims the last thing she recalled before her lapse of reason was these intense dreams in which she was fighting a black hooded figure. Whenever she had the dream, she always woke up in a strange place. She too also claimed no recollection of March 15th of this year. Her naked body was found yesterday morning floating in the Mississippi river 1500 miles from her home in Sacramento. No sign of trauma or violence have been revealed.
You might not recall falling asleep last night but you for sure don’t remember travelling out into the woods. Your clothes or costume has some snags and tears on it as well as signs of being near or dragged through fiery coals. Your body is sore and your eyes are cloudy as you lift yourself up from the pine needle covered ground. It seems to be early morning; the sun is low in the sky and the air is very cool. A smoky smell is heavy in the air as is the slight smell of fuel. A couple of you (with no regeneration powers above 8AP’s) have a butterfly bandage or a wrap of gauze somewhere on your body.
As you lift yourself from the ground you quickly note you are not alone. Within eyeshot you can see half a dozen dead bodies, costumed and not, lying on a tarp. Most of them are missing a limb or have large holes in them. Closer to you, within 20 feet are the rest of you, all looking worse for wear. The scene around you is obvious, you were in an airplane crash! Debris has already been moved around and sorted through for survivors. Fires have been put out and who ever helped out appears to be gone. A tarp nearby has packages of food and some half empty bottles of water and some full cans of beer and soda. As well as a single piece of paper folded in half. The paper is addressed to “The Lucky Ones” and has three sentences handwritten on it: “Your all dead now. Make the best of it. I am sorry I am not permitted to do more.”

{{OOC:Southern Cross is the first to wake by 1-2 minutes, followed by Galatea; he looks to have taken the most damage of those still alive. The rest of you will awaken about the same time a few minutes after Galatea; whoever helped you administered some healing and wound dressing.
None of you presently are in any recordable state of damage, that is, Your Body, Mind, and Spirit scores are untouched. All of your ID’s are missing as is anything that had your initials or name on it.
}}

AS this is the firs post for some of you in a PBP game, please only post INTENTIONS and do not post definites. Never assume that just because you were able to fly yesterday, that you can still fly today. There might be something going on behind the scenes that you are unaware of. Dont worry, have fun and we'll be rolling along real soon.

PLEASE allow Southern Cross to post first, followed by Galatea. Red and Armor my post anytime after that. This is an unusual situation and typically there is any posting order.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Doubts and Discoveries Empty Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Southern Cross Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:27 am

Southern Cross searches through the food to see what is there,ignoring the beer.
As the others awaken he turns and introduces himself to them as follows:
"Hello my codename is Southern Cross.
It seems we four are the only survivors of a plane crash.
I think that we should work together in order to find out what has happened.
What's your name?"

edited for third person perspective. Please observe the guidelines here

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/6/6
Demeanor: Honest Abe
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries Left_bar_bleue25/500Doubts and Discoveries Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Galatea Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:13 am

Blinking a few times, Galatea gazes at the trees overhead for a moment. She is confused... the last thing she recalls is the party at Ari's. Sure, there was plenty to drink but Galatea has never passed out like this. Not to mention the pain she is in. Galatea sat up with a loud groan. That's when she sees it.

The tarp. The bodies laying on it. The debris. The scent of smoke and fuel is almost nauseating when combined with the carnage she sees. After take a moment to adjust to it all, Galatea checks herself for injury. The white mini tube dress she is wearing is ripped and stained from the ground but her body seems fine in spite of the soreness she feels. A piece of gauze is wrapped around the upper thigh of her right leg but he wound it covers appears to be minor and easily healed given time. Once she is satisfied it is safe for her to do so, Galatea gets to her feet with another but softer moan.

Another look around reveals others who have survived whatever happened. Galatea goes over to inspect them, noticing they don't seem to be in any worse shape than she is.Then someone approaches her from what appears to be a cache of provisions. Galatea listens as he introduces himself.

"Plane crash? How? I don't even remember boarding a plane. And if I did I don't think it would be filled with... "

Galatea pauses, then gestures to some of the corpses in costume.

"Anyway, my name is Galatea. I've never done that whole secret identity thing."

Seeking to steady her nerves, Galatea goes over to the provisions and is pleased to find the beer. She pops open a can and is taking a long drink when she sees the note.

"Lucky ones, " she reads with a wry tone in her voice. "I'm not feeling especially lucky when I should be curled up with an overindulged boy toy right now."
Galatea
Galatea

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 9/5/6
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries Left_bar_bleue15/500Doubts and Discoveries Empty_bar_bleue  (15/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:16 am

Southern Cross wrote:Southern Cross searches through the food to see what is there,ignoring the beer.

edited for third person perspective. Please observe the posting guidelines here

There are a few sandwiches wrapped up in plastic, like you would get from a cheap deli, as well as some crackers and granola bars.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Samaritan Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:01 pm

Red Samaritan begins to awaken. The smell of smoke is very familiar to him and comforting, his eyes snap open in disgust. He is glad that he is still seeing the world through the crimson goggles of his costume. As the Red Samaritan takes in the horror that is around him. He murmurs under his breath, "Please don't let this be me." Using his flame based powers he reaches out with his mind to find out if his powers were somehow involved with the destruction before him.
Red Samaritan
Red Samaritan
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/5/6
Demeanor: please fill out sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries Left_bar_bleue15/500Doubts and Discoveries Empty_bar_bleue  (15/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:08 pm

Armor stands up slowly, rubbing the back of his neck; he gingerly stretches a bit, feeling around for injuries and scanning the site with a detective's trained eye while idly wishing he could just bring a superpower to bear -- sweeping the whole area with sonar, say. He pitches his voice to carry: "Folks call me Armor. I take it we're all on the same team?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 4/8+/9
Demeanor: Optomist
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:49 am

March 24, 2010; 0630
Unknown wilderness

The woods in the area are dense enough so as to prevent a line of sight more than a few hundred yards. After lingering a few minutes it is apparent it is morning as the sun has climbed up into the sky a little more.
The fires are all out and it is apparent someone went through an effort to rifle through most of the area. Some debris is neatly piled as if it were to picked up later.

For the time being, you are all the only signs of life. First orders should be to locate where you are, how you got here and generally speaking, why you at all.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Samaritan Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:32 am

The Red Samaritan using his flame based powers is able to confirm his energy signature was not used, and lets out a deep sigh.

Red Samaritan quickly looks around at the others gathered around him and says, " I am known as the Red Samaritan, I have medical training is anyone injured?"
Red Samaritan
Red Samaritan
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Galatea Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:22 am

Galatea shakes her head as she crushes the now empty beer can.

"No, I'm fine. Just some minor bumps that will heal up soon enough. Still, that must have been a hell of an impact to knock me out."

She pitches the crumpled can over to a distant pile of debris before looking around.

"Any idea where we are? Or better yet... where civilization is?"
Galatea
Galatea

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:14 pm

Galatea wrote:"Any idea where we are? Or better yet... where civilization is?"

Armor shrugs ruefully. "I don't have any powers," he explains, "but I know my way around electronic equipment. Let's see if there's a black box in the wreckage, or a working radio -- or a radio that can be repaired, which is just as good."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:33 pm

roll dice

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:33 pm

The member 'Regularguy' has done the following action : Die Roll

'D10' : 10, 6
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:00 pm

Armor produces a small device from his cloak while approaching the wreckage. "I can't be sure," he says, upon scrutinizing the area, "but I'd guess there's some sort of city roughly two hundred miles south of here. Cross, you've got a heck of a reputation as a flier; how long would it take you to scout that out, maybe taking one of us along for backup while the other two keep examining these surroundings?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:26 am

Southern Cross casually flicks his red cape aside,revealing his chest symbol. " A few seconds at top speed." he replies, "But I'm not sure who else here could survive that high velocity- I don't know how other high-speed supers carry passengers. From what I've heard Galatea and Red Samitarian could survive.
In any event Armor, you seem to be the skill-based hero of the group, so you might be most useful here, in order to study the crash site."

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries Left_bar_bleue25/500Doubts and Discoveries Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Galatea Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:08 am

Galatea smirks at Southern Cross.

"Trust me, I can handle the velocity. Also, I've got a knack for languages, something that might be handy since we still don't know where in Hades we are."
Galatea
Galatea

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:56 pm

Armor holds up a palm. "You're both nothing short of miraculous under normal circumstances, but these may not be normal circumstances. If you find yourself falling out of the sky, here's a reliable piece of gear to ensure things turn out okay." He produces an odd-looking gadget with his free hand, offering it with a grin. "Guaranteed to let a mere mortal survive high-speed travel for a couple of minutes, so it should be even more effective for you folks."

He turns to Samaritan. "Care to play detective? I could definitely use a partner on this one."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Samaritan Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:34 pm

The Red Samaritan thinks a little before speaking, “I have high-speed abilities as well. What ever we do, we should stick together. Strength in numbers you know. If Armor stays and investigates the crash site, let’s stay with him and assist. The rest of us should set up a watch and be ready if who every caused this comes back for us."
Red Samaritan
Red Samaritan
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:15 am

Southern Cross replies "Then Galatea, are you up for a ride? And Armor,could you please point out the direction of the settlement?"

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Samaritan Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:47 am

The Red Samaritan with a worried looked on his face says, "Fine go, but if you leave and get into trouble how will the rest of us know to help you. If they were able to knock you out before, what makes you think they wouldn't be able to do so again?"
Red Samaritan
Red Samaritan
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:38 am

Red Samaritan wrote:The Red Samaritan with a worried looked on his face says, "Fine go, but if you leave and get into trouble how will the rest of us know to help you. If they were able to knock you out before, what makes you think they wouldn't be able to do so again?"

Armor nods in support. "I wouldn't mind having all of us work together on the investigation -- and I expect the city will still be there when we're finished, sure as four of us can accomplish more than two. I should have the imaging device set up in a second; if we can scan enough information, it should let all of us live out a pretty terrific simulation in short order -- and there's no telling which of you three may turn out to have the most useful power for gathering information as the scenario plays out."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Galatea Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:52 am

Galatea looks ruefully over at the tarp as Armor speaks.

"Yeah, I'm sure it'll do a "terrific" job of showing us how all those people died. This isn't just some mystery, there are families out there who should know what happened to their loved ones.. Hades, I'm betting some of us got people worried about us. I don't see why we should hide in the woods longer than we need to just to play with some toys and satisfy morbid curiosity. If there is a "they" behind this, then chances are they know where this crash site is and lingering makes us an easy target."
Galatea
Galatea

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:26 am

Galatea wrote:Galatea looks ruefully over at the tarp as Armor speaks.

"Yeah, I'm sure it'll do a "terrific" job of showing us how all those people died. This isn't just some mystery, there are families out there who should know what happened to their loved ones.. Hades, I'm betting some of us got people worried about us. I don't see why we should hide in the woods longer than we need to just to play with some toys and satisfy morbid curiosity. If there is a "they" behind this, then chances are they know where this crash site is and lingering makes us an easy target."

Armor looks over at the same tarp. "Someone left us drinks and sandwiches. Someone bandaged us up and left us a note. If they'd wanted us dead, they had ample chances. Who did this, and why? People waiting to hear about families won't just want information; they'll want answers. They'll want action. I'll need help."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:58 am

Narrative Update
March 24, 2010, 0700
Unknown wilderness

Between looking around a little and waiting on people to wake up and get to their senses, its been a half an hour since Southern Cross has awakened. The team has been discussing investigating the crash as well as getting into the city some distance away.

In the middle of the discussion, Galatea suddenly turns her head slightly as if listening to something.

{{PM to Galatea.}}
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Galatea Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:52 am

"Sorry, but it takes more than peanut butter and jel... "

Suddenly, Galatea stop talking. Her kinetic powers allow her to sense vibrations, which giving her tremendous hearing. And right now she is hearing another aircraft.

"There's a plane... a big one. Sounds commercial. It seems to be heading to that city. If the one we were on could be brought down, we should make sure we don't have another batch of corpses in these woods!"
Galatea
Galatea

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:07 pm

Armor nods again. "Let's go; drop me if I get in the way, but I'm pretty sure I can help." Assuming he's got the time before a flier airlifts him, he uses the briefest of *his* actions to play Clue Analyst.

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum