Baalt
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.
Gallery


Latest topics
» The City; Game discussion
Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:24 am by Narrator

» House Rathien and the Paramandic Oath
Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:00 pm by Narrator

» Divine Code
Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:55 pm by Narrator

» Happiness
Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:45 pm by Narrator

» Freedom at Last
Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:27 am by Narrator

» Die Rolling, HOW to
Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:04 am by Narrator

» Gear
Thu May 21, 2015 11:44 am by Narrator

» Role Call
Mon May 04, 2015 12:27 pm by Elridge Cleaver

» The City
Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:55 pm by Narrator

Most active topic starters
Narrator
 
Red Samaritan
 
Tigerwasp
 


Doubts and Discoveries

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Armor on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:35 am

Armor breaks out a communicator. "Neither intimidation nor attractiveness is shaking their confidence so far -- but while they know you've got power, I'm guessing they don't know how much."

{OOC: using one omni-gadget for telepathy, boosting signal range with another's power reserve if I'm too far off to beam it otherwise.}

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Posts : 106

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 4/8+/9
Demeanor: Optomist
Experience:
30/500  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:24 am

Crew cut is obviously frustrated, but seemingly not in a position where he feels compromised yet.
"Who are we? Who are WE?!"
His voice raises quite a bit and his mouth nearly forms a snarl. The angst in the air has gotten so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Both of his hand go to his side and his shoulders and arms flex followed by inch long dense claws form over his normal finger nails. He begins to take a step toward Galatea to be within striking range.

"Wait a minute.."
Pony-tail began to reply to Tigerwasp then quickly sidestepped over to place an arm on Crew cuts chest. The snarl doesn't pass but the claws retract.
"We just need to see your registration cards or your P I N ID's and you can go your way."
Pony-tail is not pleased at all at this situation but he has apparently taken more of s side with Crew-cut; his last statement was pitched as his voice too deepened and got a gravely tone.

{I need a will roll from Southern Cross, Tiger, and Galatea. Post the roll and await results before further narratives. }

Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Red Samaritan on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:31 am

(occ: Do we want to roll for initiative yet?)

Red Samaritan
Agent
Agent

Posts : 26

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/5/6
Demeanor: please fill out sheet
Experience:
15/500  (15/500)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:36 am

Red Samaritan wrote:(occ: Do we want to roll for initiative yet?)
no initiative yet... based on this roll we will determine if combat happens or not... affraid

Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Tigerwasp on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:04 pm

Required Rolls
I have no idea if this works or not - fingers crossed.
Currently Tigerwasp would prefer to co-operate with the 2 men.

Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Posts : 120

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 21/5/5
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:04 pm

The member 'Knightmare' has done the following action : Die Roll

#1 'D10' : 7, 1

--------------------------------

#2 'D10' : 10, 7
avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:52 pm

OK all, here is a link to the the Die Roll mechanics are here.
How to roll dice

I need to make sure everyone is good with this, so I manufactured an encounter we all are needed to roll for.
Tiger did a nearly perfect one save for the fact she rolled 2 times Surprised . That's fine though, it worked and I'll take the first roll to be fair.

Everyone else, please submit a roll...
avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Armor on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:53 pm

Here goes...

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Posts : 106
Points : 107

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 4/8+/9
Demeanor: Optomist
Experience:
30/500  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:53 pm

The member 'Armor' has done the following action : Die Roll

'D10' : 6
avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Red Samaritan on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:20 am

Now my turn
avatar
Red Samaritan
Agent
Agent

Posts : 26
Points : 26

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/5/6
Demeanor: please fill out sheet
Experience:
15/500  (15/500)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:20 am

The member 'Red Samaritan' has done the following action : Die Roll

'D10' : 6
avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:50 pm

NARRATIVE UPDATE
March 24, 2010 - 0800
Seattle, Washington
Participants: Armor, Galatea, Red Samaritan,Southern Cross, Doctor Chronos, Tigerwasp.


We will have to practice the Die rolls...for next time... I made a topic in the Announcements section to get the die rolls correctly, or practice anyhow. We need to roll 2(TWO) 10-sided or 2D10...not 1D10 and not two rolls of 2D10. Anyhow, please visit this topic HOW TO ROLL DICE. In the mean time, I have made all the needed Will rolls.

{{Tiger and Galatea are not feeling very comfortable with the situation; the men just 'seem' to be more than they appear and the girls feel as if the might have bit off more than they can chew. Southern Cross however, is unshaken (even though I have not seen a post from him acknowledging this encounter). The girls are effectively INTIMIDATED for the turn and unless attacked, DO NOT feel as if a conflict at this moment would go their way. Red and Armor did not need to roll as they were not here at the encounter close enough to be affected.

Assume they are not INTENT on attacking and you are effectively intimidated but not afraid. no one is shaking in their boots.
}}


By these results, please give 12 hours for Southern Cross to post. If he does not, please reply to the men and their requests appropriately. The girls are not able ti initiate an ATTACK at this moment, if it came to that. But they could sure follow up if one of the others did.
Southern Cross, if you are to attack, post your intent both for if you won initiative and if you lose initiative. Same for Armor and Red.
avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Southern Cross on Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:34 am

{{Sorry everybody, I don't seem to have gotten the hang of the die roll system yet,as I don't see any DIE ROLL tab anywhere. I'm using Mozilla Firefox 3.6.13 on Windows,if that's any help}}.

"Maybe it's just me,but I wouldn't be inclined to hand over my ID,even if I had it on me, to people who used mind control on me and my friends." Southern Cross replies, his angry tone painfully obvious."And I thought that plain-clothes officers at least had to show their identification, instead of displaying finger claws".

{{If it isn't up he will activate his Force Field and take up a position between Galatea and Tigerwasp. He will not attack unless attacked first.}}

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Posts : 69
Points : 72

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/6/6
Demeanor: Honest Abe
Experience:
25/500  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Armor on Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:50 am

Southern Cross wrote:{{Sorry everybody, I don't seem to have gotten the hang of the die roll system yet,as I don't see any DIE ROLL tab anywhere. I'm using Mozilla Firefox 3.6.13 on Windows,if that's any help}}.

{OOC: when you're replying to a post, there should be a pair of dark bars right under the [Preview] [Send] line. The top bar should say Die Roll and have a little + symbol at the end; click on that + symbol.}

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Posts : 106
Points : 107

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 4/8+/9
Demeanor: Optomist
Experience:
30/500  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:43 am

Southern Cross said:"Maybe it's just me,but I wouldn't be inclined to hand over my ID,even if I had it on me, to people who used mind control on me and my friends." Southern Cross replies, his angry tone painfully obvious."And I thought that plain-clothes officers at least had to show their identification, instead of displaying finger claws".

{{If it isn't up he will activate his Force Field and take up a position between Galatea and Tigerwasp. He will not attack unless attacked first.}}

Crew-cut looks slightly puzzled.
"Don't tell me you'r all fresh from crawling from under a rock. Either that or your from another planet.!" He grins a moment and looks at the two girls.
"This is what's going to happen; your all going to get in a vehicle were calling..."
(Pony-tail is dialing right now)
"..and you'll go to the bureau of registration being all of you are meta's. And we'll let them sort it out."
"Next time dont run from Guardians err, guys who look akin to us. For now, though, tell your friends their ok."

{{OOC: it was not mind control, it was raw intimidation. Perhaps an aura of fear...}}
avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Tigerwasp on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:36 am

Feeling a little unnerved by the two strange law enforcers, if such was in truth what they were, Tigerwasp elects to remain silent. She wasn't keen on being 'processed' or something alin to that, but equally did not wish to start fighting with the local law enforcers. So, she did what she did best: look startlingly attractive and alluring.

"It always happens to me." She thought. It was true. Tigerwasp had more than her fair share of misfortune, but somehow contrived to scrape through each time. If they were to be conveyed elsewhere, she wondered if their vehicle would be proof against her techno-jinx. That she wasn't to attempt to control or drive it seemed to her that it would likely be safe enough.

Anything mechanical or especially technological never seemed to last very long in her hands.
avatar
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Posts : 120
Points : 129

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 21/5/5
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Red Samaritan on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:45 am

(Occ: Does Red hear about the car coming to bring them to the
bureau of registration? The very last thing the Red Samaritan want is to be unmasked.)
avatar
Red Samaritan
Agent
Agent

Posts : 26
Points : 26

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/5/6
Demeanor: please fill out sheet
Experience:
15/500  (15/500)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:58 am

Red Samaritan wrote:(Occ: Does Red hear about the car coming to bring them to the
bureau of registration? The very last thing the Red Samaritan want is to be unmasked.)

Armor has linked you all together with coms. Assume the info was relayed.
avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Tigerwasp on Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:34 pm

OOC:Please note that it is extremely unwise to give any technological equipment to Tigerwasp, unless you wish it to malfunction or break.
avatar
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Posts : 120
Points : 129

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 21/5/5
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Red Samaritan on Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:31 am

The Red Samaritan begins to sweat as he hears about the Bureau of Registration as the last thing he wants to do is be registered and his identity publicly known. He is torn between learning what is going on and his own dark secrets. For the past 3 years The Red Samaritan has been a hero and doing what is right. How many people has he saved since the day Sam died. Having his identity publicly known could put a taint on all the good he has done.

The Red Samaritan charges up his fire blast powers, and as soon as he sees the Bureau of Registration car arrive he will blow it up.
avatar
Red Samaritan
Agent
Agent

Posts : 26
Points : 26

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/5/6
Demeanor: please fill out sheet
Experience:
15/500  (15/500)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:26 pm

So, Red Samaritan rejoins the group (Galatea, Tigerwasp, Southern Cross) and begins charging his Fire blast power.

Crew cut says, just before Red shows up; "The car oughtta be here in about 2-3 minutes. Sit tight until they arrive."

Then Reds Hands begins to emanate flares and flames, giving the obvious tells to the other heroes of the impending act. It appears he is going to assault the men or the vehicle.

If no one else posts anything against this, it is assumed that silence is consent and you all approve of the action. I will post a lengthy resolution post in the morning in any case.
avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Tigerwasp on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:09 am

Tigerwasp noticed the tell-tale signs of the hero's empowering action. It seemed unlikely that the men apprehending them would miss it. She had little sympathy for the men: their attitude was far from concilliatory. Equally, she knew nothing of the people she now found herself with. It seemed wisest to gain information. The men would eventually provide it, but she was uncertain at what price. The only solace she could derive is that her technology aversion might actually work in her favour.
It was her indecision that actually decided things for her. She was still debating her options as events unfolded.
avatar
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Posts : 120
Points : 129

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 21/5/5
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Armor on Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:21 am

As a costumed hero, Armor sympathizes with Red. As a regular with no powers, he sympathizes with the cops. Violence should be used as a last resort, he thinks, swooping in as fast as his glider-cape will carry him -- aiming to put himself between the two sides, with his back to the authorities while facing Samaritan, spreading his open hands wide and urging the supers to (a) avoid the unnecessary fight, and (b) rush away.

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Posts : 106
Points : 107

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 4/8+/9
Demeanor: Optomist
Experience:
30/500  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Red Samaritan on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:52 am

The Red Samaritan pops out of his hiding spot, hands wreathed in flame, and then yells to the 2 men who called the Bureau car. "Tell me now why we need to be registered "Guardians"? What purpose does it serve? Nobody goes anywhere until I get answers!"
avatar
Red Samaritan
Agent
Agent

Posts : 26
Points : 26

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/5/6
Demeanor: please fill out sheet
Experience:
15/500  (15/500)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:42 am

NARRATIVE UPDATE
March 24, 2010 - 0804
Seattle, Washington
Participants: Armor, Galatea, Red Samaritan,Southern Cross, Doctor Chronos, Tigerwasp.


Unfortunately the sequence in the posts make the event flow a bit undesirable. Next time please refrain from multiple posts until we can resolve intended actions in a controlled series. You are all doing great though in the posts and creativity....thanks.

Red had zipped around to a spot roughly 50 feet from the rest of the team and began to surge his powers in secret out of line of sight from the two men. It seemed the destruction of the vehicle and a conflict with the local authorities was an impending certainty. Galatea and Southern Cross seemed indifferent at the moment as did Tigerwasp. The latter secretly hoping for a resolution not so directly linked to her and her new companions.
Armor however was stirred to attempt to be something more, an intermediary perhaps between the unknown authorities and the people with which he had something in common. Just a moment later and their might have been a mess.
From his rooftop vantage he swoops in as the pair of men notice Red charging up. Hands raised Armor telepathically urges the team....
Armor said:
spreading his open hands wide and urging the supers to (a) avoid the unnecessary fight, and (b) rush away.
This urging however came a bit late as Red had already set his mind to defend others who might have been taken advantage of by these men who represent something the costumed speedster simply cannot let alone.
Red Samaritan said to the two men:
"Tell me now why we need to be registered "Guardians"? What purpose does it serve? Nobody goes anywhere until I get answers!"

Crew Cut again lets his claws loose and this time he seems to gain quite a bit more bulk to his frame. He stands ready but at Pony-tails behest simply steps a few paces towards Red, still leaving over 40 feet between them. Now Crew Cut stand a few paces to the side of Armor and somewhat in front of the rest of the team.

Pony-tail raises his hands to shoulder height in a motion denoting lack of aggression and calmly but through a slightly deepened and gravelly voice; "This has gone on enough. I think I understand your issue here, but unfortunately I can only guess because you keep running off. We are not your enemies here, were your protection."

As he speaks he steps to within 10-feet of TIgerwasp and Galatea. Innocent pedestrians who thoughtlessly walked past the two men earlier are now either running away or have frozen in their tracks and cower with fear.

Pony-Tail continues; "We are the Guardians, we are not looking to draft YOU to be Guardians. As you are obviously Meta's we need you to register just as you register for a drivers license. We test you a bit and make sure your wont be a hazard out there with your powers and cause unnecessary damage or harm to innocents. We can write off this outburst as a toxic level of energy build up that caused you to act irrationally, but you have to cooperate. The alternative will be unpleasant to everyone involved. Please.."

He now has his hands wide and to his side as if to offer peace and you can see a sincere concern in his eyes as he speaks.

If their is to be a shot getting off, I need a roll for initiative first. Roll 2d10 for initiative if needed IF you need.
avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Red Samaritan on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:07 pm

The Red Samaritan is outraged by the idea of this type of registration. He then says with a smile, "Unpleasant it is!" The Red Samaritan hands burst with flame ready to attack.


Last edited by Red Samaritan on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Red Samaritan
Agent
Agent

Posts : 26
Points : 26

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/5/6
Demeanor: please fill out sheet
Experience:
15/500  (15/500)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:07 pm

The member 'Red Samaritan' has done the following action : Die Roll

#1 'D10' : 6, 10

--------------------------------

#2 'D10' : 5
avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:32 pm

The member 'Red Samaritan' has done the following action : Die Roll

#1 'D10' : 6, 10

--------------------------------

#2 'D10' : 5

Excellent roll..thanks... but you don't need to roll the second single D10 next time.
avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:32 pm

Lets get initiative rolls all around.... then I will post sequence...
avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Armor on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:29 pm

Narrator wrote:Lets get initiative rolls all around.... then I will post sequence...

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Posts : 106
Points : 107

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 4/8+/9
Demeanor: Optomist
Experience:
30/500  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum