In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.
In Other Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 Empty
Latest topics
» Die Rolling, HOW to
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 7:17 am by Narrator

» The City; Game discussion
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:24 am by Narrator

» House Rathien and the Paramandic Oath
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 2:00 pm by Narrator

» Divine Code
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:55 pm by Narrator

» Happiness
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:45 pm by Narrator

» Freedom at Last
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 7:27 am by Narrator

» Gear
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 11:44 am by Narrator

» Role Call
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 12:27 pm by Elridge Cleaver

» vacation
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:51 pm by Gavin Harrison

Most active topic starters
Narrator
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries - Page 2 I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Red Samaritan
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries - Page 2 I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Tigerwasp

Doubts and Discoveries

+3
Galatea
Southern Cross
Narrator
7 posters

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 Empty Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Galatea Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:52 am

Galatea looks ruefully over at the tarp as Armor speaks.

"Yeah, I'm sure it'll do a "terrific" job of showing us how all those people died. This isn't just some mystery, there are families out there who should know what happened to their loved ones.. Hades, I'm betting some of us got people worried about us. I don't see why we should hide in the woods longer than we need to just to play with some toys and satisfy morbid curiosity. If there is a "they" behind this, then chances are they know where this crash site is and lingering makes us an easy target."

Galatea

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 9/5/6
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (15/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:26 am

Galatea wrote:Galatea looks ruefully over at the tarp as Armor speaks.

"Yeah, I'm sure it'll do a "terrific" job of showing us how all those people died. This isn't just some mystery, there are families out there who should know what happened to their loved ones.. Hades, I'm betting some of us got people worried about us. I don't see why we should hide in the woods longer than we need to just to play with some toys and satisfy morbid curiosity. If there is a "they" behind this, then chances are they know where this crash site is and lingering makes us an easy target."

Armor looks over at the same tarp. "Someone left us drinks and sandwiches. Someone bandaged us up and left us a note. If they'd wanted us dead, they had ample chances. Who did this, and why? People waiting to hear about families won't just want information; they'll want answers. They'll want action. I'll need help."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 4/8+/9
Demeanor: Optomist
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:58 am

Narrative Update
March 24, 2010, 0700
Unknown wilderness
Participants: Armor, Galatea, Red Samaritan, and Southern Cross

Between looking around a little and waiting on people to wake up and get to their senses, its been a half an hour since Southern Cross has awakened. The team has been discussing investigating the crash as well as getting into the city some distance away.

In the middle of the discussion, Galatea suddenly turns her head slightly as if listening to something.

{{PM to Galatea.}}

Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Galatea Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:52 am

"Sorry, but it takes more than peanut butter and jel... "

Suddenly, Galatea stop talking. Her kinetic powers allow her to sense vibrations, which giving her tremendous hearing. And right now she is hearing another aircraft.

"There's a plane... a big one. Sounds commercial. It seems to be heading to that city. If the one we were on could be brought down, we should make sure we don't have another batch of corpses in these woods!"

Galatea

Character sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (15/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:07 pm

Armor nods again. "Let's go; drop me if I get in the way, but I'm pretty sure I can help." Assuming he's got the time before a flier airlifts him, he uses the briefest of *his* actions to play Clue Analyst.

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:07 pm

The member 'Armor' has done the following action : Die Roll

'D10' : 1, 10
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:16 pm

Armor wrote:Armor nods again. "Let's go; drop me if I get in the way, but I'm pretty sure I can help." Assuming he's got the time before a flier airlifts him, he uses the briefest of *his* actions to play Clue Analyst.
In a short time, Armor walks around at a speed that betrays the fact that he really is observing very minute details; a typical person simply could not gather in the details and information at the speeds the hero is now. He stoops to examine the ground every now and then and sometime picks up some debris between two fingers and sniffs it or places it into some device he produced from a pocket or fold in his costume. It only takes him a moment (or as long as he is allowed before liftoff) before he seems relatively satisfied.

{{PM to Armor}}.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:02 am

Armor shouts, his usually-relaxed voice cracking. "Wait. WAIT! This was no plane crash, and going after that plane is the biggest mistake we could make." He pauses for a moment, visibly shaken but gathering his thoughts. "That's just a mock-up of a plane, sure as there are unmistakable traces of the -- rift? -- in reality that brought us all here. I don't know where 'here' is; the pollutants in the air are too damn low, the tech in evidence is too different from our own. But I know we were brought here deliberately, left for dead by some and covertly spared by another, such that we don't dare surface until we've changed our appearance. We can still win through, but we've got to play it smart."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Samaritan Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:44 pm

The Red Samaritan takes in what Armor said, thinks a little and then says," I don't care if it is all make belive, if there is a chance that an innocent can be hurt, Red Samaritan must be there. We must all go now and stop the plane! I know I was the one for caution before, but I can not sit still while this happrens. I have helped planes land safely in the past, but not one of this size. "
Red Samaritan
Red Samaritan
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/5/6
Demeanor: please fill out sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Galatea Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:51 pm

All of this is a lot for Galatea to take in. She rubs at her temples before looking at Armor.

"So all this is fake? Then what killed all those people? And if this isn't real, then maybe whoever is behind this needs an actual crash to cover it up!"
Galatea
Galatea

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:58 pm

Armor grimaces; there's too much information to convey, too little time. "Words fail me. Let me show you."

He produces a short metallic wand, telescopes it out like an antenna, and invites the other three to take hold.

{{OOC: I want to activate an omni-gadget, combining Telepathy with Superspeed to swiftly relay the full memory to everyone; give me the okay and I'll jot down the description, starting with "A large area..." and ending with "...are gone."}}

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:06 pm

{{OOC... sounds good...anything to purport team Unity and story flow..lol}}

Make it so Armor
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:23 am

A flood of information....

A large area over 50 yards diameter erupts with silver crackling energy tearing a rift in the air in the area. Trees are ignited or vaporized instantly as invading objects attempt to occupy the same space. What appears to be a lab of some sort, or an ER room appears. The room is filled with 20-30 costumed heroes and otherwise, perhaps more but the light makes it nearly impossible to accurately determine. Some explode as their bodies lose the battle with physics in fighting for the right to exist in a space already occupied.
The crackling energy quickly subsides and the 'rift' closes but not before 7 people clad in dark uniforms, some in what can pass as doctors garb if not for the fact its not white. Pieces of the ceiling have fallen down and crushed some inert patients, the ones the were not killed instantly from the transition.

A tall bald black man rippling with muscles and with severe burn scars about his face and neck barks out in english; "Clean up order Omega. Jorge, what time we got?"
A small man still settling his gear about him pulls a small laptop looking device from his side. After a few keystrokes and a few more confirmation clicks he replies; "Less than 90 seconds"

"OK team, this is not a drill. No traces or inert DNA." The scarred man walks over to one of the bodies.
"Garth, make it look like and accident and Gwen, you redact their residual memories. The natives cannot know were here before we find a way out."

A rather handsome man, Garth, runs about at speeds resembling a speedster and creates from nothing the wreckage resembling an airplane. He also takes time to scar trees in a several hundred yard path to make it look like a crash but moves most of the debris into a pile after laying down some tarps. Presumably to make it look like a rescue effort was made. Others of the seven walk around and and drag bodies and remove ID's and inject the corpses with something from what looks like a Star Trek medicine applicator.

A redhead, Gwen presumably, simply walks quickly toward the four of you and hefts your bodies on her shoulder one ant a time and carries you out of line of sight from the Scarred one. All of you look pretty bad if not dead, but not as bad as the others. She looks nervously about and when one of the other men come over and see that she has healed you and Samaritan, he starts to make an argument.
"Your not supposed to be doing anything here Gwen, what the hell did you do?"
"We're leaving them all hear anyhow just go about your own business, you know I am ultimately in charge here."
"This is not Protectorate sanctioned, I am going..."

Gwen looks at him and her eyes seem to glow a bit. The man walks away and Gwen reaches down and gives a quick touch from her to each of you. Southern Cross seems to wake up and look at her but at seeing that, She quickly touches him again and he collapses. All that with about 10 seconds to spare.

"OK, lets roll. Jorge has a lock on the pattern."

Jorge hands each man a small disc shaped device and tells each person to hold them in his hand, flesh contact only. "We only have one chance at this, One at a time, I'll go last. He begins to click away on his device and one by one, a few seconds apart, the men vanish.

When it is only him and Gwen, she says: "Jorge, this is Protectorate level. None of this gets to Lance got it, or I'll redact you penis from your body."
She drops the note on the pile of scraps and summoned airline food and nods. Two clicks later and her and Jorge are gone.

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Samaritan Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:46 am

The Red Samaritan looks perplexed and sarcastically says. "Well that was interesting! This is fantastic news!" He then continues, "Some organization/Force was able to gather us up with out our knowledge, does not sit well with me. I mean I always knew there were powers beyond my imagination but I was hoping to avoid them for a while." Red Samaritan then looks around at the other heroes, then says "For what ever reason we four were spared, good. I say we go back to our regular lives but keep in touch. If you notice something out your norm we can meet up and discuss. If this large gathering of Metas happens again, hopefully we will recognize each other and be able to fight. Until then I have people who need my help."
Red Samaritan
Red Samaritan
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:07 pm

Southern Cross says "Sorry everybody, I guess that girl- Gwen, I think she was called,did something to my mind,and possibly to you all,as I don't remember seeing her before. Anyone else remember reading Julian May's science fiction books i.e. the Pliocene Exile series? I remember the term "redact" appeared there,as some kind of psionic healing power. But i read the books long before I developed my powers, so my memories of the books are rather fuzzy."

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/6/6
Demeanor: Honest Abe
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:13 pm

Armor looks back and forth at Cross and Samaritan. "Listen," he says, "I don't know what's going on, I don't know where we are; I just know we stand a better chance of getting through this as a team. It'd take me days to reach that city on my own; you can fly there in seconds. I'm good with disguises and forgery, if we need cover identities; Galatea knows languages I can't speak, and can obliterate stuff that would stop me cold. Separately, we all wound up at the mercy of folks who left us for dead; working together, we can keep a lower profile while accomplishing more."

He takes a deep breath. "Are we heading for the city?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:56 am

Southern Cross looks back at Armor. "I'm heading back to the city, at least. But you're right, we're better off as a team. And if we are going to be a team, we need a team name. How about The Champions? I don't know any other super team currently using that name."

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Samaritan Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:29 am

The Red Samaritan put his hand to chin, " You are right separately we all wound up at the mercy of the folks who left us for dead. Alright a team up it is." The Red Samaritan puts his hand in the middle of the group for the others to cover. "The Champions"
Red Samaritan
Red Samaritan
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Galatea Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:25 am

Galatea stares at the hands for a bit. s has gotten used to working solo ever since leaving Macedonia. Getting stabbed in the back by your own government tends to make one rely on oneself. But maybe it's time for a change, especially in a situation like this.

"Fine. Champions. But I get my own bathroom at our secret headquarters."
Galatea
Galatea

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:46 pm

Armor chuckles and puts in a hand. "As luck would have it, the Champions now own a secret HQ complete with an extra washroom; perk of having a billionaire on the team."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:01 am

Armor pauses for a moment. "Like the man said, there's little point in sending a scout ahead so long as we lack communication. Unless there are any objections, we'll make for the city by flying south -- as soon as I've rigged up makeshift disguises for everyone."

With the knack of a quick-change artist, he does his best to demonstrate before he finishes talking.

{{OOC: uses the Artist (Actor) subskill to change his appearance, using his special master-of-disguise schtick to do it in 0 APs rather than 10. If the effect is impressive enough and no one objects, he promptly does likewise for them.}}

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Galatea Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:58 am

Galatea watches Armor's transformation and has to admit his skills are superb. Still, she has her concerns.

"Very nice. Good luck trying to make this blend in though."

She gives a sweeping motion over her physique. Clearing six foot easily and built like a Russ Meyer starlet, Galatea is nobody's idea of subtle. That's what happens when you put a bunch of science types in a remote location for years and let them design a woman. She was just glad the anime craze hadn't hit Yugoslavia during her creation or else she'd probably have cat ears and a tail.
Galatea
Galatea

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:32 am

Armor nods sympathetically, then runs a dye-soaked hand through her hair while using his free arm to drape his reversible cloak around her like a bulky shawl before half-collapsing the telescoping rod to the length of a cane or a walking stick. "Not the most glamorous look," he says apologetically, "but it's basic psychology: if you hunch over while leaning on this, folks will look away rather than watch for a pained shuffle." He finishes up by lightly touching his palm to each of her cheeks, transferring just enough of the remaining dye to give her a sickly complexion.

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:23 am

Southern Cross then says "How about I change into civilian clothes?" and ducks behind a tree.
When he reappears, he's wearing a black tracksuit,white sneakes and sunglasses.
Without his blue cowl, his hair is now revealed as black.

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:31 am

"Looks perfect." Armor hands a number of low-key props to Samaritan -- wig, mustache, false eyebrows -- along with a small tube of quick-drying spirit gum. "And it looks like we're all set. Figure we should head for the city limits, coming in low enough to give any radar a run for its money?"

{{OOC: using Military Science (Camouflage) -- again with his signature shtick -- to quickly slap together a vaguely birdlike canopy from whatever's at hand, just in case anyone catches sight of 'em as they swoop down to the ground. Figure turnabout is fair play when it comes to mock-ups, y'know?}}

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:34 pm

Armor looks to Southern Cross. "You push, I'll steer."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:20 am

Southern Cross looks back at Armor. "At last!" he replies and waits for the rest of the team to get into the canopy.

{{He then activates his Force Field and Power Reserve, increasing his STR and Flight by 5 points each. He then activates his Flight,taking off straight up (or as near as he can manage). Once above the forest,he will take directions from Armor.}}

Last edited by Narrator on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited format)

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Samaritan Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:39 am

The Red Samaritan reluctantly grabs a disguise. He changes behind the canopy. He then comes out wearing street clothes Sunglasses and a goatee. "I'm Geoff Morrison, lets go."
Red Samaritan
Red Samaritan
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:37 pm

Armor points the way...

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:23 pm

Narrative Update
March 24, 2010 - 0715
Unknown wilderness and beyond
Participants: Armor, Galatea, Red Samaritan, and Southern Cross

The team rises above the tree line rather quickly, flying along at a cool 70-100 mph at first to get bearings and make sure everyone is secure in the canopy under the projected force field. Southern Cross looks in his element as he lifts off with the others in tow. A minute or so while flying a relatively low altitude and being guided roughly by Armor, the team settles down for what could be a short trip, “If I really lay it on,” says Cross. “I can have us there in under a minute.” It’s probably wise not to come streaking into a place none of you are familiar with however, so subtlety is the rule of the hour.

The landscape below and around the forest looks like anything else you might see in upstate Metropolis or perhaps even near Edge City. The trees and foliage are incredibly lush and radiant, beaming with health. The plane Galatea heard a few moments ago is ahead of you and landing on its own power at some large airport beyond line of sight in the city, assuming the team coming in low. Taking some time to look around, it does appear that a coastline is at the edge of the horizon to the teams west and a mountain range is east. Either of the destination are moments away at near top speed for Southern Cross.

Cross plays with the speed a little to make a quick trip without leaving too much of a turbulence pattern to track, making the trip to a bluff outside the city for a good vantage point. A large highway goes from west to east with a branch heading to the north-west and south. It is fifty percent full with traffic this early morning. Like any city you have all seen in your life, this one is no exception; steam vents from rooftops spilling vapor into the early morning, paper vendors hawking the latest scoops, occasional litter here and there, and the noise and smells of city life are below you. A sign on the nearby interstate read can be seen in the distance: NOW ENTERING SPOKANE. Nothing stands out as out-of-norm save for the surprising lack of litter and general refuse on the streets.

Please post intent and FYI..please change your usernames to your character names. Ask me if you have any problems
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum