In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.
In Other Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 Empty
Latest topics
» Die Rolling, HOW to
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 7:17 am by Narrator

» The City; Game discussion
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:24 am by Narrator

» House Rathien and the Paramandic Oath
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 2:00 pm by Narrator

» Divine Code
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:55 pm by Narrator

» Happiness
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:45 pm by Narrator

» Freedom at Last
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 7:27 am by Narrator

» Gear
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 11:44 am by Narrator

» Role Call
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 12:27 pm by Elridge Cleaver

» vacation
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:51 pm by Gavin Harrison

Most active topic starters
Narrator
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries - Page 18 I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries - Page 18 I_vote_rcap 
Red Samaritan
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries - Page 18 I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries - Page 18 I_vote_rcap 
Tigerwasp

Doubts and Discoveries

+3
Galatea
Southern Cross
Narrator
7 posters

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 Empty Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Tigerwasp Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:57 am

The conversation completely passed by Lucy. she sat in the rear of the capacious vehicle staring out of the window at the passing scenery whilst contemplating various outfits or costume changes that she might try.
Her long, high heeled boots were surprisingly comfortable, even after the long journey. Still, she was looking forward to trying on her even higher costume boots. She idly wondered if she would have time to do some simple patrolling. It wasn't as if she could assist the others much in the unravelling of this world's geo-political infrastructure.

Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 21/5/5
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:46 pm

Still driving, Armor casually reaches a palm back for the philosopher's stone. "So we've maybe got one piece of the puzzle -- and I expect our upcoming meet-and-greet will provide a little more. Shouldn't be much longer."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 4/8+/9
Demeanor: Optomist
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:47 pm

NARRATIVE UPDATE
March 27, 2010 11:30 AM
Lansing, Michigan

Participants: Armor,Southern Cross, Doctor Chronos, Tigerwasp.

All told, the drive from the airport to the address given by Heller is about 20 away in traffic. The location is a renovated Navy academy building, interesting turn in the logic of reality here actually. The parking lot is half empty, some have taken off early for the lunch hour, and finding a spot is easy. Finding a spot not too near some loitering vagrants is difficult. Not quite homeless, the people look more discouraged and apathetic than the average beggar. Armor is able to find one where the nearest person is just over 3 parking spots away.

The lot of you seems way over dressed compared to the local flavor but an armed security guard at the main entrance seems ever vigilant and none of you garner any more than a quick but sizing glance, all of you save Lucy. A few whistles and hoots mixed with a few gasps and “OH MY GOD’s” find you all entering the building where Heller is likely expecting you inside. The retired academy has been sectioned off and now is home to 12 separate offices running businesses ranging from High school tutoring to Security to private investigations.

ON the sign listing the tenants someone has recently posted a poster with a picture of an upright dog walking a crawling human. The satire is labeled with the bold red words ::REGISTER NOW?!"".

All the doors are solid old wood and have aluminum letters declaring what business lies therein. Hellers office is on the third (top floor) next to the elevator.

Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:39 am

"Somebody else isn't happy with the Council of Gaia" Southern Cross replied."Let's hope they can offer us some help".

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/6/6
Demeanor: Honest Abe
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue25/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:05 am

Doc looks around for more of those 'fire alarm' things. Wink

Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 13/5/15
Demeanor: Paragon
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:05 am

The member 'Doctor Chronos' has done the following action : Die Roll

'2D10' : 10
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:02 am

Lucy was of the opinion that there was no such thing as bad attention. She smiled sweetly at the attention and cheekily blew a teasing kiss at one of the whistlers. That done, she was all business. Never as astute as her companions, she neglected to search for any devices, but did spot the sign indicating Heller's office and made her way purposefully, if all too alluringly, in that direction.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:46 pm

Doc glanced to both the left and then the right of the entrance door then took advantage of Lucy's distraction to remark to the others, "This place is interesting for what I see, not what I don't see."
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:51 pm

"So what do you see?" Southern Cross replied.

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue25/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:47 pm

Southern Cross wrote:"So what do you see?" Southern Cross replied.

"And what don't you see?" asked Armor.

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:08 pm

Doc tried again, "Other than the poster, I don't see acts of defiance. This place is... well detected."
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:34 am

Heedless of the conversation behind her, Lucy very carefully made her way up the metal staircase. The open lattice of each tread had to be negotiated most surreptitiously in her towering stiletto heeled boots. She still managed to make the ascent in a provocatively sexy manner. A fact not unnoticed by others withion the building.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:37 am

NARRATIVE UPDATE
March 27, 2010 11:30 AM
Lansing, Michigan

Participants: Armor,Southern Cross, Doctor Chronos, Tigerwasp.

The door of Heller Securities office has a sign reading- ::Office open for appointments only. Please call the number listed below for appointment.::

Lucy, being the first to arrive does think to check the door, which is unlocked. She opens the door sheepishly, poking her head partially ahead of her body, not wanting to disturb a meeting already in progress. She spies through a secondary room off the main entry another open door with Heller sitting at a desk. He is looking over something on the computer but leans into her line of sight.

“Come on in Lucy. It’s great to see you.”
Heller stands from his desk and greets Lucy with a two handed handshake, one hand clasped over the other offered from Lucy.
“Lets have a seat and I’ll get you all some coffee. I put it on when I saw you leaving the airport.”

He walks over the ten year old coffee maker and pours a cup to offer to Lucy after placing a ripped open box of creamer packets and sugar on the table for all to reach.

The office is awefully cluttered but Spartan. A book shelf is piled with many files stacked upon one another. No file cabinets are seen. He has 4 monitors, 2 on his desk and 2 quite larger ones hanging on the wall. The larger ones are split into 8 screens each and display views from remote cameras obviously all over town. One is currently on the hallway fo this building and one is showing the vehicle the team arrived in. As the last member of the team enters his office, Heller hits a switch on the wall behind his desk and a heavy magnetic lock is heard engaging the office door.

“I hope your journey here was peaceful?”
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:20 am

"Quite." She responded.
Lucy declined the coffee with a smile.
"No thank you, as much as I like the smell, I never drink coffeee, or tea for that matter." There didn't seem to be much prospect of some water, so she remained silent thereafter. Heller seemed keen to press on and the surroundings were not so inviting or interesting that Lucy wished to delay proceedings.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:07 pm

"I'd rather have tea or milk myself"Southern Cross replied.

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:18 pm

Heller glances at Southern Cross.
"Uh, I dont have anything that hard in here."
He is almost laughing as he open up a lower drawer in his desk. "I do have some Jack though."
He offers a half drained bottle up to Cross, if the hero seems responsive, Heller will toss it.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:04 am

"Oh, I'll have one of those." Grinned Lucy. It wasn't as if she was driving.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:06 am

OOC: Please all, be advised that I am in the process of changing ISP. The current one can be a total pain; so I may be without internet for a while. I will return!
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:29 am

Both Doc and Joe politely took a sip from the 'Jack' and said, "Thank you." Both seemed content to observe the baseline's reactions for right now and see what he wanted to talk about.
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:41 am

Heller sits still behind the desk a moment taking everyone in. Then almost as a sigb of giving in, he pours himslef a shot of Jack and drains the glass in one motion.
"Where do we go from here huh?.good question." He seems to be thinking outloud more than he is adressing any of you.

"Let me show you something, perhaps it might start iust start us off on the right foot."

He open a drawerand pulls out a few stapled pages. Sliding them across the desk toward no one in particular he says; "this data was hijacked from one of the Councils servers."

Whoever looks at the data will see maps with coordinates and readings on what appear to be the energy signatures of the team. The dats starts when the team arrived and ends when they got off the plane in Michigan.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:18 pm

Lucy crossed her long booted legs. She was a little miffed that the whisky had somehow bypassed her. The numbers spread out before held little meaning and even less interest. The dress that she'd worn from Italy, seemed to suffering with the strain of containing her impressive busom. It had started to slide down. As it was a strapless dress, this was of some concern. Currently, she didn't see a way of discreetly pulling it back up. Instead, she decided to sit still. It was her conclusion that moving around had evidently loosened something. Unfortunately, keeping still was not something she excelled at. She hoped it would be a short meeting.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Armor rubs his chin. "Remarkable. Mind if I ask how you acquired it?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:57 pm

Heller pours himself another round, this time offering some to anyone else as he fills a second and third glass with a few gulps.
"I have an in, now and then, onto a rather secure uplink one of the local cairns, unbeknownst to them mind you. I really only put my hands on this one hoping to prove a point."

He quaffs the last drops out of his glass. Then grinning at Lucy says; "That point being, for good or for ill, the wolves have their eyes on you."
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:30 pm

Doc remarked, "Not just on us I think. Detectors in every plane and building... a surveillance network this widespread takes serious resources to setup and maintain. How did it all start?"

Doc voice was warm and speculatively sympathetic, inviting Heller's opinion.
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:31 am

Lucy was unconcerned. Most people had their eyes on her at some time or another. The technicalities of the conversation largely evaded her and she savoured the aroma of the whisky and took a small sip, relishing its warmth and taste. She was pleased that her dress was currently not intent on any further misbehaviour. She smiled encouragingly at Heller, trying to put him at ease.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:25 pm

"The Monitoring has been going on in some form or another since time began. mankind has no memory when the wolves were not watching them. It has not always been remotely and up until the invention of computers and remote transmitters, the observers were much more indiscreet. The position were in now is a little more acceptable than having a Watcher always here; you cannot fool them."

He smiles back at Lucy and asks her; "Is there anything I can do for you? I dont want to make you feel out of sorts in any way."
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:50 pm

"Oh no, I'm fine thank you. The bourbon is most appreciated." She quickly responded. It seemed that at last things were being spelled out in terms that she could readily understand.

"But tell me, why are they watching everyone?" It struck her as odd that such predatory creatures would need to 'monitor' their prey so closely - if prey is what they were. There were a great many more questions that could also be asked, but she felt that on this one much impinged. She resisted the urge to lean forward, thus demonstrating interest; an interest that was not feigned, but her top had slipped an inch since she'd entered the office and she felt it prudent to remain still and hope that it moved no further.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:35 pm

Tigerwasp wrote:

"But tell me, why are they watching everyone?"....

"It's a long story up until only recently was unknown to 99% of mankind. See, they were here first, this was their planet. They have a name for it, Gaia. All of the shapechanger have a reverence for the earth which frankly, most of mankind could take a lesson from. They have been watching mankind for all of history, some of which seems to be lost, due to the fact that for perhaps over a thousand years they forbade mankind to write. That which could be past down verbally was but we all know how reliable that is. For all we know, we could have been under this no writing stricture for tens of thousands of years."

He pours the last half a swig from his bottle and looks at the bottle with regret that its empty. The man settles the glass in hand and begins to spin the liquid around in circles in the glass as he finishes.

"No one knows exactly what happened, but there was a large conflict in the year 22 AD. Many shapechangers were slain and mankinds cities were all but destroyed as over half the population of the planet was killed. If not for the formation of the Council of Gaia man might have been wiped out. Since then, they have allowed man to write, to develop and most of all, we were allowed to freely 'breed' as they put it. Medical care is free and we really cant complain for the most part. Like I said, even to this day, what I just told you is either unknown or falling on deaf ears of over 99% of the poor fools on this planet. This world is OK, but some are wondering what we would be if the wolves never held us back. The more vocal the wonderers are, the quicker they disappear."
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:58 am

Armor tilts his head to the side, intrigued. "That destructive conflict in 22 AD -- was it between the shifters and mankind, or was a third party involved?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:19 am

"It was between man and shifters with man on the starting side."
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum