In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.
In Other Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 Empty
Latest topics
» Die Rolling, HOW to
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 7:17 am by Narrator

» The City; Game discussion
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:24 am by Narrator

» House Rathien and the Paramandic Oath
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 2:00 pm by Narrator

» Divine Code
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:55 pm by Narrator

» Happiness
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:45 pm by Narrator

» Freedom at Last
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 7:27 am by Narrator

» Gear
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 11:44 am by Narrator

» Role Call
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 12:27 pm by Elridge Cleaver

» vacation
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:51 pm by Gavin Harrison

Most active topic starters
Narrator
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries - Page 19 I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries - Page 19 I_vote_rcap 
Red Samaritan
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries - Page 19 I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries - Page 19 I_vote_rcap 
Tigerwasp

Doubts and Discoveries

+3
Galatea
Southern Cross
Narrator
7 posters

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 Empty Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:25 pm

"The Monitoring has been going on in some form or another since time began. mankind has no memory when the wolves were not watching them. It has not always been remotely and up until the invention of computers and remote transmitters, the observers were much more indiscreet. The position were in now is a little more acceptable than having a Watcher always here; you cannot fool them."

He smiles back at Lucy and asks her; "Is there anything I can do for you? I dont want to make you feel out of sorts in any way."

Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:50 pm

"Oh no, I'm fine thank you. The bourbon is most appreciated." She quickly responded. It seemed that at last things were being spelled out in terms that she could readily understand.

"But tell me, why are they watching everyone?" It struck her as odd that such predatory creatures would need to 'monitor' their prey so closely - if prey is what they were. There were a great many more questions that could also be asked, but she felt that on this one much impinged. She resisted the urge to lean forward, thus demonstrating interest; an interest that was not feigned, but her top had slipped an inch since she'd entered the office and she felt it prudent to remain still and hope that it moved no further.

Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 21/5/5
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:35 pm

Tigerwasp wrote:

"But tell me, why are they watching everyone?"....

"It's a long story up until only recently was unknown to 99% of mankind. See, they were here first, this was their planet. They have a name for it, Gaia. All of the shapechanger have a reverence for the earth which frankly, most of mankind could take a lesson from. They have been watching mankind for all of history, some of which seems to be lost, due to the fact that for perhaps over a thousand years they forbade mankind to write. That which could be past down verbally was but we all know how reliable that is. For all we know, we could have been under this no writing stricture for tens of thousands of years."

He pours the last half a swig from his bottle and looks at the bottle with regret that its empty. The man settles the glass in hand and begins to spin the liquid around in circles in the glass as he finishes.

"No one knows exactly what happened, but there was a large conflict in the year 22 AD. Many shapechangers were slain and mankinds cities were all but destroyed as over half the population of the planet was killed. If not for the formation of the Council of Gaia man might have been wiped out. Since then, they have allowed man to write, to develop and most of all, we were allowed to freely 'breed' as they put it. Medical care is free and we really cant complain for the most part. Like I said, even to this day, what I just told you is either unknown or falling on deaf ears of over 99% of the poor fools on this planet. This world is OK, but some are wondering what we would be if the wolves never held us back. The more vocal the wonderers are, the quicker they disappear."

Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:58 am

Armor tilts his head to the side, intrigued. "That destructive conflict in 22 AD -- was it between the shifters and mankind, or was a third party involved?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 4/8+/9
Demeanor: Optomist
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:19 am

"It was between man and shifters with man on the starting side."

Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:21 am

"Hmm," Said Lucy. Then after a pause: "so it's their planet and people are complaining because they can't do exactly what they want with it? Seems to me that both sides are being rather selfish and defensive, but considering the historical context, I think that's completely understandable. "
"If all you say is true, I cannot find a great deal of emnity for this Council. Still, I would love to hear their side of the story. I bet it's quite different."
Lucy didn't have a very high opinion of human nature overall. That didn't mean that she had to sink to that level. In fact, she hoped that a positive example would help others see their shortcomings. She did feel that the Council could pursue their agenda in a better way. However, it was equally true that they could be far worse than they currently were.

The explanation was very helpful to her, but was still a little unsure where she stood in the grand scheme of things.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:48 pm

Intrigued, Doc found it hard to comment. Eventually he said, "What can you tell us about this Council of Gaia? They seem like they're being presented as moderates."
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 13/5/15
Demeanor: Paragon
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:08 pm

"The Council is a tightly organized coalition of shifter from all non-man races. Originally the Council was said to be the brainchild of the Kitsune, or the were-foxes. The Fox is said to be the only beast that truly needs man and they saw this arrangement as the only way to stop mans annihilation. The Council was originally called the Beast Courts but that concept only lasted a few decades and was usurped by the membership of Garou, the wolves, who are said to be too proud to follow. The structure of the Courts was changed and now we have the Council of Gaia, which is apparently run by wolves."
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:05 pm

"Considering they forbade humans writing it's a wonder why it took so long for a rebellion to start." Southern Cross replied angrily."And that's probably why they want metahumans registered-they want to make sure that a second rebellion doesn't start,or if it does that humans don't help out the Saps".

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/6/6
Demeanor: Honest Abe
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 Left_bar_bleue25/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:44 am

Not disagreeing with Southern Cross's reasoning Doc asked thoughtfully, "Have you ever heard the word 'Paradox' used in reference to non or meta humans?"
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:01 am

Heller smiles and puts his finger into the top of the empty bottle of Jack. Picking it up temporarily with his stuck finger he fakes a shaking of his hand trying to pull it out.

"Funny thing about that question really. Only a very few people in all the earth would even begin to guess at exactly what you were asking. But to answer you, yes, I have heard the word. Not many times but yes none the less."

He plops his finger out of the bottle and licks it. The carefully weighing his words he asks; "Now where does that super-human brain take your thoughts?"
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:46 am

Lucy sat quietly. She didn't have a super human brain. She didn't know the significance of the word 'paradox' in this context. She shared none of Armor's anger at the suppression of the human's. From what she'd heard, it seemed wholly too early to jump to conclusions. Her interest still piqued, she listened attentively to what Doctor Chronos had to say.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:54 pm

Joe went totally still, this could be a dangerous question.

Doc said after a moment's reflection, "I'm wondering whether I'd be better off not knowing the answer."
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:34 pm

"The fact that you answered in such a manner says you already know the answer. You also know what knowledge of the matter brings. So with that, I will not answer with any more details on the subject."

Heller stands up and grabs a small marble rose off the bookshelf. No longer than 2 inches he holds it carefully as it weighs many more pounds and clutches it tightly in his fist. He then turns to Lucy.

"You young lady, ought to find a nice man and settle down with. You might be happier not seeing where world has been and worrying where it might go. Matter of fact, and forgive me if its the Jack talking, I wouldn't mind being that man if i weren't in this spot. I am not one that can let something go if I fell differently about it, and I certainly feel differently than the Council leads us to."
He pats Lucy with his clenched fist as he grabs his empty glass from the desk. "I wish you happiness."

Heller glances at Cross and then at Armor saying; "You need to stick together, your energies complement each other well. Joe and John over there don't fit anywhere frankly, but their mind is right by you."

He stands at the door to the hallway now.
"There is going to a party, if you will, here at this building tomorrow night. It's the type of party that police will show up at the behest of local power brokers to stop. If I lose my way, there will be deaths on mans side, If I get my way the coin will flip. This fight is as local or as global as you want to make it but were all needed on both sides. Show up before the building collapses and pick a side if you like. Otherwise, you all have lives to go back to that I am sure you can enjoy in partial ignorance."

He opens the door. "I have a memorial to go to for my the other two members of my team and I should really be going if you will let me. The office is yours for the next 34 hours."

Heller stands by a moment to see if anyone has anything to say. After about 10 seconds he will leave if no one says anything.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:56 pm

Not trusting himself to say anything, Doc scans Heller and the room.
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:56 pm

The member 'Doctor Chronos' has done the following action : Die Roll

'2D10' : 9
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:06 am

"You young lady, ought to find a nice man and settle down with. You might be happier not seeing where world has been and worrying where it might go. Matter of fact, and forgive me if its the Jack talking, I wouldn't mind being that man if i weren't in this spot. I am not one that can let something go if I fell differently about it, and I certainly feel differently than the Council leads us to."
He pats Lucy with his clenched fist as he grabs his empty glass from the desk. "I wish you happiness."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Lucy was quite indignant. Settle down? Her? How old did he think she was? Still she could b=not help but smile at his sentiment. The impending 'party' left her feeling far more ambivalent. She was as yet, unsure as to which side she was on, if any. She hoped that Doctor Chronos would put things into perspective, or more likely, Joe. She could follow what he said with far greater ease.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:07 am

"Wait," says Armor, holding up an open palm for Heller. "The last time we fought a shifter, he died faster than I'd hoped. Do you have any experience taking one alive, the better to help us play twenty questions?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 19 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:14 am

Joe stated/asked, "Silver?"
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:47 am

"The garou you fought at the hotel was already weakened, and it was not dead. They have remarkable healing capabilities. Capturing one is harder than killing as they can 'step' thru various materials and cross many miles."

"Silver works grand but good luck finding any, its a banned substance. It it will just ouright kill them."

"But really, I need to go. Hope to see you tomorrow, one way or another."
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:23 am

Lucy knew a little basic chemistry and perhaps more significantly, a little history from her own world. If it was possible for the Romans to get silver from lead ore, then how much easier would it be for the likes of Armor and Doctor Chronos. She could not see that obtaining silver would be that difficult for them. That was of course, working on the assumption that lead was easily found here.

Once Heller had left, Lucy immediately took the opportunity to pull her dress back up.

If there's going to be trouble, I'd like to get washed, rested and refreshed -AND - a chance to get into my costume." She added.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:19 pm

Joe waited until Heller was gone and then requested, "Doc?"

Doc nodded and snapped his fingers. The rest of the world outside this room halted in time.

Doc remarked quietly, "I'm not sure how much privacy that buys us. This building is well monitored. On a side note, that rose was an item of great power. Great as in, much greater than my own."

"So... 34 hours. Anyone want to start off? Questions, comments, decisions?"
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:19 pm

The member 'Doctor Chronos' has done the following action : Die Roll

'2D10' : 10
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:11 pm

"I know I'm not the brightest her, but I still don't get it. Are the Council really that bad? Even if they are, were they provoked into becoming such? It's all very complex. How far does their right to protect themselves and their way of life let them go in subjugating the humans? Please feel free to enlighten me. To be honest, I'm far more used to just catching burglars and robbers. This is all a bit heavy."
Whatever they decided, Lucy figured that it was about time that she got into costume and became Tigerwasp. Still, she hoped there was plenty of time for a shower first.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:05 pm

"Silver should be easy enough," Armor relaxedly nodded to Doctor Chronos, "as your scan of my philosopher's stone presumably indicated; hour after hour after hour of alchemy might be all we need, and hours aplenty are exactly what we've got."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:35 pm

Doc nodded to Armor and said, "Good to know... and Time is something I can supply in spades. Keep in mind is silver is going to be seriously banned and probably detectable. Whatever you make we'll need to hide. How are you at weapon smithing?"

To TigerWasp Doc said, "We have got two issues. The first is the Earth has been conquered by these shapeshifters. That they're currently less repressive doesn't change that they still are. The second, perhaps connected issue, is this whole Paradox thing."

"For us, this sounds like the disadvantages of prophecy. You know something bad is going to happen, so you act to prevent it, and in doing so create it. Clearly there are people trying to keep us outside the system... but that doesn't answer what the bad things are that they've predicted and we're supposed to stop."

Joe interrupted, "Ahem. Since we're in this guy's office, maybe we should search it and see what we can see?"
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:56 am

"Hang on. Didn't he say that they were here first? If that's the case, aren't the humans therefore the invaders? I just need to be clear in my mind what's going on and why - that would be useful too."

She rose gracefully out of her chair, but even so her movements caused the dress to slide down again. Her only response, was a sigh.

"I can help with the searching, but it will likely be topless. This dress has given up I fear." She once again pulled the top of her dress higher, but it now seemed more reluctant than ever to stay where it was intended. Giving up she moved around the far side of the desk and bent to check the drawers. True to her prophetic words, her abundant breasts spilled from the now losse top. Lucy carried on looking despite this. It wasn't as if this was the first time such things had happened to her.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:00 am

Armor moves to assist Tigerwasp with the search. {OOC: roll for Clue Analysis.} While doing so, he replies to Doc: "I'm not bad at weaponsmithing, and not too bad at camouflage tactics either. As for the rest -- what exactly made you say 'PARADOX' just then?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:31 am

Doc and Joe started searching... although Lucy noticed Joe searched so he could observe her as well. More on task, Doc searched so that he couldn't.

Doc replied, "Truth said something about madness created by paradox coming from reality... but stemming from the wolves actions. Heller had access to their files, I wanted to know if they knew. What we've learned is this isn't just Truth making this claim."

"More importantly, I don't think their definition of Paradox matches ours. They seem to be saying something along the line of 'things out of tune with reality', and I'm not sure if that's because of how the wolves are treating the humans or because of them misusing their powers."

Joe answered Lucy, "The humans don't have a recorded history, so that claim comes from the wolves. Consider how close this timeline is to yours and consider how self serving that claim is. I don't believe it, and even if it's true, it doesn't justify much."
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:32 am

{OOC Forgot to roll, Joe is second in case he gets a negative.}
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum