Baalt
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.
Gallery


Latest topics
» The City; Game discussion
Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:24 am by Narrator

» House Rathien and the Paramandic Oath
Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:00 pm by Narrator

» Divine Code
Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:55 pm by Narrator

» Happiness
Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:45 pm by Narrator

» Freedom at Last
Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:27 am by Narrator

» Die Rolling, HOW to
Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:04 am by Narrator

» Gear
Thu May 21, 2015 11:44 am by Narrator

» Role Call
Mon May 04, 2015 12:27 pm by Elridge Cleaver

» The City
Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:55 pm by Narrator

Most active topic starters
Narrator
 
Red Samaritan
 
Tigerwasp
 


Doubts and Discoveries

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:58 pm

NARRATIVE UPDATE
March 28, 2010 7:15 PM
Lansing, Michigan

Participants: Armor, Chronos, Southern Cross, Tiger Wasp

The team responds quickly to the news cast of the drama in town, relatively speaking. Of all of them Wasp is the most cautious and even takes time to make sure her costume is ‘just-right.’ Armor is second to last in that while enroute, he takes some time to ready some gear plan. Chronos and Cross leave virtually at the same time but Cross being in the air arrives at a slightly different area than Chronos. The ex-agent for hire finds himself in the thick of it first.

Southern Cross lifts from the hotel grounds and arc away in the blink of an eye. The thirty mile trip could be done in less than a blink of an eye but he slows for a brief moment to take a tactical view of the playground ahead. Heightened vision surveys a block of burning buildings of which Hellers office is one. He begins to make out some bodies in the vicinity when his flight seems to fail and he plummets toward the earth in the direction of the burning row but long by several blocks. Chronos observes the flyer plummet to the earth loses sight of him in the skyline of buildings. The uncontrolled decent sends Cross into the 8th level of a 12 story building and through several of the internal walls until he finally launches out the opposite side. Slightly winded and bruised, with no visible damage, Cross lifts himself up and determines there is no hostiles near him as he stands in the middle of Dobson street. He did though, as he descended, spot a few Crinos Garou witnessing his fall. The last he saw they began running his direction and are likely only seconds away.

The air, shimmering slightly still around Southern Cross almost betrays the existence of a barrier about the hero. He is able to take a short tactical breath of determination and position himself before he spots one of the Garou a couple blocks away round the corner and advance. The second is only a few paces behind.

Chronos and Crumble arrive, likely trailing Cross but finds the row of burning buildings in his path. Undetected at the moment, Chronos is able to see at least 5 human bodies lying about, 2 in suits. The bodies of 2 canines are near which are significantly smaller than wolves, maybe the a tad smaller in build than a trained german shepherd.
Enroute, Chronos passed unnoticed through a security line of police about a mile behind him and noted that a man in a suit was barking orders. Here at the burning row of buildings are a few more suited men, similarly dressed to those met in Italy, likely Hellers men or from the same group. 2 of the suited men are reloading shotguns kneeling behind an overturned wreck of a car as a Raging Crinos Garou closes the 30 yard gap at a full run from across the street. A woman in leather on a rooftop behind the Garou draws a bead on the third suit with a high powered rifle and fires, nearly fully removing the mans head above his nose.

Chronos and Cross, declare actions and intent to cover the potential actions for 2 turns. I will resolve them and update the arrival of Armor and Wasp..

Note, Cross, you are worse for wear but with no game altering wounds save for pride. Your flight and speed powers are not responding at the moment.


Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Southern Cross on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:10 pm

Are my other powers still functioning? If my Heat Vision is still functioning,I will use it any Garou within line of sight, on the assumption that one of them has negated my movement abilities.

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Posts : 69

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/6/6
Demeanor: Honest Abe
Experience:
25/500  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Southern Cross on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:13 pm

If my eyebeams aren't functioning,I will perform a Sweep attack on the Garou using the nearest long pole available.

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Posts : 69

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/6/6
Demeanor: Honest Abe
Experience:
25/500  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:13 pm

The member 'Southern Cross' has done the following action : Die Roll

#1 '2D10' : 9

--------------------------------

#2 '2D10' : 2

Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:15 pm

Southern Cross wrote:Are my other powers still functioning? If my Heat Vision is still functioning,I will use it any Garou within line of sight, on the assumption that one of them has negated my movement abilities.

Noting the comment on the sweep attack, I still need some more detail.
All other powers are working, you can just feel it. But please give me some other details, like will you try to keep distance from them if they close? at what point will you use Reserve? What will you do in melee?


Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Southern Cross on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:57 pm

I'll use my Power Reserve on my Str when they close into melee.As for the sweep attack,,I'll just use the old "wallop the foe(s) with a lamp post" trick. If the Garou get too close,I'll just resort to standard punches & kicks. Considering what's happened to my movement abilities, my best bit is to use my eyebeams and whatever I can grab to make the Garou keep their distance,as there is no way I can outrrun them at the moment.


Last edited by Southern Cross on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Posts : 69
Points : 72

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/6/6
Demeanor: Honest Abe
Experience:
25/500  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Doctor Chronos on Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:15 pm

Doc mentally berated himself. The team was spread out, without communications, training, or anything like a plan. Fundamentally this was his fault. He'd focused on long term trends, research, and strategy and had totally ignored short term tactics. Granted, he was good at the former and used to having others do the later, but they'd be very lucky if only some civilians died because of his oversight.

The head of man in the suit (law enforcement?) shooting at the Garou exploded. So much for being lucky. And it was decision time. Did Doc sneak away and avoid combat, or try to save lives and shut down the raging dog-nuts and their supporters... who might also be law enforcement. Doc far, far, far preferred much longer, decades even, to make these kinds of choices.

Doc mentally sighed and stopped kidding himself. There was only one choice he could live with. Doc motioned to Joe that they'd go after the woman on the roof.


{OOC: Doc and Joe are already in hyper-time, they'll move into the building, find stairs, and move to the roof. After the get to the roof Doc will slow her down and Joe will take the gun away from her and then knock her out.}
avatar
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Posts : 109
Points : 111

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 13/5/15
Demeanor: Paragon
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:23 pm

Southern Cross readies himself as the 10’-tall wolf-men charge him. His eyes flare as he focuses his intent on the closest Garou. A twin beam of intensely bright energy blasts into the Garous chest igniting the surrounding hair and causes the beast to stumble to half speed. Still being in sight of Cross, the hero continues to burn the target. The wolf jumps and tries to get out of the beams but Cross is able to keep the beams on target with only minor drifting from center-mass. It is only when the second Garou stopped and threw a chunk of pavement at Cross when he had to dodge and catch a glimpse of the wounded Garou getting behind an alley way. Cross tries to blast the second but it jumps into an alley on the left. The Crinos garou begin a flanking attempt.
As Cross sharpens his hearing he can hear the wounded garou a few hundred feet away; it is dragging itself or severly limping but is bent on a path to the right of him. The second one is undetected as of yet. As the hero moves to a more tactically sound position out of the middle of the street a bullet from his right side slams into his force field. The field stops the round but Cross is hit with the force of a heavy punch; he realizes the round would have dropped him instantly if not for the barrier. His attention is captured by a woman on a roof top some 500+ feet away on a third story rooftop. The hero’s sharp eye detect her displeasure at not dropping her target.

John and Crumble race into the building and to a stair well; the panic on the faces of the bystanders in this drycleaners is frozen on their faces in hypertime. The duo finds a correct door to the roof on the second try but only 3-5 seconds is wasted in the total trip. The shooter has already balanced her aim and is switching targets as they enter the rooftop near her, the womans attention is on her quarry, but her backup’s attention is all on Chronos. A three-foot tall water-creature stands next to her, head twisting around to note Chronos and Crumble. It to is operating at a hyperspeed level but Chronos and John note they still have the jump on the pair.

please note your intentions, as the situation has changed. Cross, no powers of speed have returned at the moment.
avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Tigerwasp on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:47 am

Tigerwasp continues to make her way to the scene. If her communication device still works, she will rely upon that to guide her actions.
avatar
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Posts : 120
Points : 129

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 21/5/5
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Southern Cross on Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:06 pm

Realizing he can't get up to the female sniper in time ,Southern Cross decides to use his eyebeams to take her out.

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Posts : 69
Points : 72

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/6/6
Demeanor: Honest Abe
Experience:
25/500  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Southern Cross on Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:29 pm

Southern Cross glares at the woman sniper,trying to ensure he inflicts nonlethal damage-not only does he dislike killing, his attacker could have valuable information for the team.

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Posts : 69
Points : 72

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/6/6
Demeanor: Honest Abe
Experience:
25/500  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:29 pm

The member 'Southern Cross' has done the following action : Die Roll

'2D10' : 10
avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:15 pm

IN case Chronos didnt note I was awaiting his reply.... been dealing with a real life calamity last couple of weeks anyhow...I am back in for regularity now. LOL
avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Doctor Chronos on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:55 am

WB.
Narrator wrote:John and Crumble race into the building and to a stair well; the panic on the faces of the bystanders in this drycleaners is frozen on their faces in hypertime. The duo finds a correct door to the roof on the second try but only 3-5 seconds is wasted in the total trip. The shooter has already balanced her aim and is switching targets as they enter the rooftop near her, the womans attention is on her quarry, but her backup’s attention is all on Chronos. A three-foot tall water-creature stands next to her, head twisting around to note Chronos and Crumble. It to is operating at a hyperspeed level but Chronos and John note they still have the jump on the pair.
Doc and Joe knew their roles. Joe's was to take the bullet if he had to and this qualified. Water was many things, but 'alive' wasn't one of them, there were no ethical issues here. Joe closed on the elemental fully intending to crumble it into oblivion. As demanded by his role, Doc stayed back, hopefully out of danger.

{OOC: Joe is going to use his oblivion touch on the creature... and Doc is going to try something new. He'll try to use his power to boost Joe's oblivion touch. First is Joe's attack roll, 2nd is his power roll, 3rd is Doc's.}
avatar
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Posts : 109
Points : 111

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 13/5/15
Demeanor: Paragon
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:55 am

The member 'Doctor Chronos' has done the following action : Die Roll

'2D10' : 9, 9, 5
avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:31 pm

Cross gets a good look at the sniper from afar, well over three blocks, and his eyebeam invisibly arcs out toward the unsuspecting target. An intense burst of what appears to be steam clouds the woman from sight as his beams explode just prior to the sniper. Cross then turns his attention to the charging Garou, sending one of them careening through a brick wall after pounding it with his improvised lamp-post club. The second Garou seems more readied and graceful as it dodges and leaps Cross’ thumping blows and sweeps. The raging giant manages to get close enough and slash at the hero with its claws a few times causing only minimal damage as the beast rakes a slice across Cross’ chest and neck. The melee last a few rounds until Cross spies the first Garou climbing out of the broken wall.
The hero lights the first garou up with a successful heat blast; the sound of its dying wail seems to cause the second garou to go into a fit of rage causing it to move faster and strike harder. Cross is barely able stand as the series of blows force him back slash after slash. His chest, legs and arms are bleeding now and the pain is beginning to take a toll. Noting the weakness the wolf had to the heat blast, Cross allows himself to get what would appear to be fatally close to the garou. AS they grapple each other and the garou begins to move in with its bite, Cross focuses his beams and yet another dying howl is heard over the city. Diving for cover Cross is unable to see any more than traces of steam where the sniper was. Apparently she went to hiding. For the moment, Cross is unharrassed.

Meanwhile, Chronos and Joe ready themselves to fight the elemental and the sniper. Joe lunges forward to grasp or at least touch the diminutive elemental. Even as he does, the sniper begins to react to his arrival, but is still moving at a comparatively slow rate. The elemental however eludes Joe a moment; a sheet of ice spreads out over the floor of the roof in an attempt to make Joe slip. He manages to keep upright and in some degree of control. Being outmatched in speed however, the ice-sheet came too late and Joe manages to get his hands ‘deep’ enough into the surface of the elemental.
The beast simply dematerializes and the smell of stagnant water fills the air. The sniper has now spun into the direction facing Doc and Joe, but her rifle is not aimed. Joe and the Sniper are in melee range.

Now, lets have everyone declare actions. Chronos, I will incorporate your next action into the next posts resolving Tigerwasps and Armors entrance into the scene.
TW and Armor, I will incorporate your arrival on the next post… I will however, need a roll from each of you..

avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Tigerwasp on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:40 am

Tigerwasp arrived upon the scene full of purpose and vigour. The flight had not taxed her unduly. She rapidly surveyed the scene unfolding below her and without too much deliberation went to the aid of her team-mates.

She will attack the nearest hostile.

avatar
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Posts : 120
Points : 129

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 21/5/5
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:40 am

The member 'Tigerwasp' has done the following action : Die Roll

'D10' : 9
avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:57 am

Please refer to this post.
proper rolling
avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Doctor Chronos on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:27 pm

Joe smiled slightly as the water-thing met Oblivion. He thought whatever spell animated it died before the water itself went but he'd have to think about that later. The sniper turned slowly but she presented a different problem. Joe reached out to touch her rifle. Behind him Doc frowned and his gaze narrowed.

{OOC: Doc is trying to freeze the woman solid in time, Joe is trying to destroy that gun. I'd think they both have extra actions to dodge any bullets which come their way and if so they'll try to. Dice roll is Doc first then Joe.}
avatar
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Posts : 109
Points : 111

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 13/5/15
Demeanor: Paragon
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:27 pm

The member 'Doctor Chronos' has done the following action : Die Roll

'D10' : 6, 3, 6, 2
avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Armor on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:34 pm

Armor arrives on scene, figuring he'll try something psychological rather than physical.

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Posts : 106
Points : 107

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 4/8+/9
Demeanor: Optomist
Experience:
30/500  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:34 pm

The member 'Armor' has done the following action : Die Roll

#1 'D10' : 8

--------------------------------

#2 'D10' : 6
avatar
Narrator
Conductor

Posts : 395
Points : 598

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
0/0  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum