In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.
In Other Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 Empty
Latest topics
» Die Rolling, HOW to
Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 7:17 am by Narrator

» The City; Game discussion
Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:24 am by Narrator

» House Rathien and the Paramandic Oath
Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 2:00 pm by Narrator

» Divine Code
Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:55 pm by Narrator

» Happiness
Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:45 pm by Narrator

» Freedom at Last
Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 7:27 am by Narrator

» Gear
Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 11:44 am by Narrator

» Role Call
Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 12:27 pm by Elridge Cleaver

» vacation
Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:51 pm by Gavin Harrison

Most active topic starters
Narrator
Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapAcceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 I_voting_barAcceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Red Samaritan
Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapAcceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 I_voting_barAcceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Tigerwasp

Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara)

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 Empty Re: Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara)

Post by Narrator Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:12 pm

{{OOC: A couple of submersible tows (the little vehicles you hang on the outside of and it propels you along with twin props) and some remote 'rovers' are on board. But Kara is more than capable of redacting her body to accommodate the pressures of the depths. Communicating with the ship will also not be a problem; she can use her Cistron to communicate or implant a ear-mic. As far as having the ship come to you; its fast, for a 1/2 mile long carrier, but long distances wont be crossed very fast. It was built for many things but speed wasn't one of them.}}

Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 Empty Re: Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara)

Post by Kara Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:37 pm

Kara will attempt to access this planets internet and do her research to find a good cover story so she can infilitrate the planet. Is this planet one single government or are there various nations? Are the United Nations head quarters in New York or somewhere else? She is going to as much research as possible and then choose an appropiate destination where she can make the best start.

Kara
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 19/16/16
Demeanor:
Experience:
Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:00 pm

{{OOC: Consider this link : Background}}

Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:52 pm

{{Assuming Kara is trying to Orb Juntha..}}

2 rolls needs made. Use the die roll mod at the bottom.choose 1d100 2 times.
example.

Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:52 pm

The member 'Narrator' has done the following action : Die Roll

#1 'D100' : 36

--------------------------------

#2 'D100' : 63

Click the 1d100 and then click the '+' icon next to the box with one in it. Onse that is done, simply submit the post and Ouila!

Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:53 pm

I don't see the die

Kara
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:05 pm

If you post a reply, under the Preview and SEND buttons, a few format bars down will show DIE ROLL. Press the "+" button to open the bar.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:05 pm

The member 'Narrator' has done the following action : Die Roll

'D10' : 8, 1, 5, 2, 1
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:34 am

Yes Kara is attempting to orb Juntha

Kara
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:34 am

The member 'Kara' has done the following action : Die Roll

#1 'D100' : 7

--------------------------------

#2 'D100' : 76
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:41 pm

I remember somewhere in all the posting that you said Kara was heading toward Oceanside.

It took deep concentration but after a few moments of concentration, Kara was able to send Juntha into the stasis of her orb. This was done at some rather deep part of the ocean floor where the ship was settled prior to being orbed and where Kara found herself in need of her redaction skill. It was no big worry really, she simply restructured her system to process oxygen much slower and then swam to the surface. The dark night covered her approach to shore but the lights of the pier guided her in against the currents. It is just past 1am on a Sunday night according to her Cistron and there are very few people within a half mile radius.

The cloudless night sky lends perfect lighting for Kara's heightened sight and she is able to discern some homeless sequestered under the pier and in some other semi-strategic places to keep the early morning mist off their heads. Other than that there are no vehicles to be seen immediately on the beach access road running adjacent to the beach. No activity of note is worthy of attention.

A few blocks north of the location is a hotel; the sign can be seen from the edge of the beach and a helicopter can be heard off to the east probably over a mile out.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:49 pm

Kara takes note of the fishing pier and makes her way a block south as where she will come out of the water. She is wearing her cobalt armor which appears to be an advanced wet suit with hoody and all. She makes her way to the public showers and rinses off the seawater and enjoys the feeling of fresh water on her skin. She is doing her best to not draw attention to herself so it is a quick rinse and change in the public restroom. Assuming that Kara is successful in producing some clothes out of her orb, she changes into some casual attire (jeans, tea shirt, hoody sweater, comfortable sandals) and heads towards the resort hotel closest to the pier.

Being a traveler of universes, Kara observes the pedestrians walking by and looks for certain differences that she might not expect. She passively scans their surface thoughts to see what is on their mind, what may be of concern to them, and also what kind of currency they are using. She looks for a recent newspaper and assuming that she can read the writing she looks for current events looking for political events or military events or parties that are happening locally.

Kara continues to walk North on Pacific Street and then takes pier view way East till she hits North Coast Highway. She continues northbound absorbing the feel of this beach community and stretches her senses to get a feel of the place. She immediately catches wind of a place reeking of sweat, baby powder, liquor, pheromones, and lust… The Purple Palace. Kara sensing that she can make some quick cash makes her way to the seedy place. She approaches the hostess and asks, “Who do I need to talk to for new talent?” Kara will pick up the name using Farsensing.

Assuming Kara gets through to the “talent director”, Kara gives him the lap dance of his dreams but makes sure he doesn’t have a happy ending (Redaction).

Assuming the talent director lets her dance, she chooses an oldie but a goodie to dance to… Madonna’s Like a Virgin.

Kara
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:02 pm

Oceanside Pier Area
Oceanside, California
Between 1:00 and 4:00 am, Sunday

After scanning a few punks and delinquent skateboarders out post curfew, Kara fonds the details she needs and carries on to the Purple Palace. The mids here are not really disciplined enough for someone with her raw talent. She finds herself dancing the last few sets until closing at 4am. Most of the girls still working tonight are glad, but some are less than happy to have to share their tips with someone so obviously more than human.
Kara overhears being said by a couple of the girls; "You know, there are places where quasars can perform and still be in their league", and "It's like you are deliberately here to put us down." And finally not so discretely, a red-head named Jillian says to Kara at the end of the night; "You must have a really low self image, even for a quasar, to have to put us lacking the juice down. Please don't come back tonight will ya?"

Ricky, the manager, however is much more stoic on his stand to keep his new found talent. "This place could use a cleaning up to be honest. Why dont you come back this afternoon and we can talk about a more long-term arrangement."
Kara senses he is not altogether altruistic and is more self-interested than helpful.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:26 pm

Kara wasn’t at the Purple Palace to make friends but she does bestow a blessing on the dancers that were kind to her with physical enhancements to the girls choosing. She doesn’t blatantly ask for what they would like done. Rather, she cans their minds and addresses their concerns whether its bigger boobs, nicer legs, some sickness/disease or maybe just more self confidence to get out of the dance club and pursue a more respectable career. She doesn’t mental edit them, just helps their bodies function better so that they are more alert and produce more endorphins which produces more self confidence. For the girls who were rude to her, well they are going to get a bad case of the clap. I am sure they know how to handle the clap.

To Jillian, “One, I am not a quasar. Two, sounds like YOU need to work on your self-image since you are not in the same league as half these girls here. You have what maybe a good 3 years before you get kicked off the B-squad. I would seriously work on finding another line of work.”

To Ricky, “I just might take you up on that offer…” Kara says this with no intention of ever coming back to the Purple Palace.

As Kara was dancing, she was looking to find who the major players were in the area. She was looking for commanding military officers, political contacts, and underworld contacts… the goal was to make contacts of her own.

After the club, Kara walks across the street to the diner to have a nice warm meal and decide to see what will make her next move…

Kara
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:23 pm

Oceanside Pier Area
Oceanside, California
Between 5:00 and 9:00 am, Sunday

Early morning hours in the diners here are nearly empty save for some random homeless sleeping in a corner and a early morning fisherman. The Pier is usually good for a catch this time of morning. The food is only mediocre but the service is cheerful and decent even if it is lacking the personal touch.
A flat screen TV bolted to the wall high above the bar has been displaying a documentary on the Weather channel about what the weather in the midwest used to be like just 50 years ago. This month marked the 50th anniversary of the protection from the Quasar named simply Gale. She has been living and altering the weather slightly over the past 50 years and a hurricane has not come within 100 miles of shore and a tornado has not touched down on anything but an empty field on her watch. Gale has not been seen in over 12 years but the weather remains tame so no one worries even though its been 50 years; Gale should be in her 70's by now.
A little after 6am one of the three other patrons asks the waitress to change the channel to 'Wake Up!, with Charlotte and Jim.' It's some national syndicated morning news and talk show and the waitress is more than pleased to change the channel.
"Are they still talking about that guy who blew up most of Detroit? I really wish they would just put him to death and get him off the news." Delia the waitress comments as she changes the station with a remote stashed behind the counter.
"I heard the guy is some kind of quasar or worse and he cannot be hurt, so their just interrogating him for who he was working for. You know government lawyers, they are just milking the bill on the tax payers dime keeping this guy in the media as long as they can keep us interested." The middle aged man with a floppy hat seemed more than passively interested.

The three hour long morning show has all the usual fluff; weather, health and lifestyle, movies, and some breaking news. The really interesting stuff is placed near the top of the hours when interest is highest and its at 7am than mention of this "Detroit bomber" is made. Deacon Frenallia, the admitted man responsible for the death of over 5 million people and property damage approaching the trillion mark is shown sitting smugly at another hearing with another intelligence agency. He seems to be answering honestly and no one ever yells at him but what he gives does not allow anyone to get anywhere. The only sensible remark he ever makes is saying the destruction was not entirely his fault and if it was not for the "other" person involved, who remains a mystery, the fight that took place would not have happened. Deacon claims it was self defense and if not for the fact that he knew he was innocent, no wall would hold him in.
The stories go on and on with investors offering to help with the rebuilding of the razed city and the chance of the city being renamed by some corporation. No one wants to live in Zanexville or the City of Slumbera so the debate goes on.

Seeing that Kara's plate is empty, Dalia asks; "Is there anything else I can do for you hun?"
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat May 01, 2010 10:28 am

Kara watches the news with much interest. She has always found it interesting how the Nova/Quasar gift was bestowed upon. Asche either in his over confident nature feeling that since now he is a Lord of Time could always go back in time and rewrite history or in his chaotic nature thinking that it would be neat to what would happen, allowed anyone to become a Nova/Quasar when the space station fell. Maybe he felt that it would be too big of a fingerprint if he took control and chose each Nova candidate and thus Ba’laan’s Ban and his minions would have eradicated his new project. So, manipulating events that lead to the crash made it appear as a random event so that the opportunity to become a Nova was random and open to anyone. Of course, Mal and others took a separate approach and hand picked his chosen children. The hand picking of Novas does have its advantages in choosing those who are inclined to your objectives and thus you have a potential eternal ally, but the random eruptions is very intriguing! Some Nova’s became the ultimate tree huggers while others became puddles of goop. Super models either became goddesses or eight armed freaks. It was really amazing but was even more amazing was how this translated throughout the multiverse. And here, Kara is on a planet where either an eco freak or an overprotective trailer park owner is controlling the wind. Interesting how some things never change.

Now the subject of the “Detroit Bomber,” really caught her attention. She took note of the agency that is conducting the interrogation and where they holding the prisoner. Looks like she has found a person of intrigue.

To Dalia, “Oh, no thank you. I am all done here and I think I am riding a caffeine high. I won’t be sleeping for weeks!” Kara smiles, pays her tab, and leaves a generous tip. “Can you please tell me where I can get a train ticket?”

Since, Kara didn’t find out any interesting at the club and the news didn’t reveal anything of immediate interest in the area, she makes her way to the train depot to head to the place where they are holding the Detroit Bomber.

Kara
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Sun May 02, 2010 2:35 pm

Dalia points Kara to the Oceanside train depot a few blocks south of the diner.
"It's not really a popular way to travel very much any more though sweety, not over distances longer than 30 minutes or so. There are a few Quasars offering teleported travel to anywhere on the globe for half the cost of first-class airfare. You can make contact with a TP'r over the net."
Dalia picks up Kara's plates and in the process ends with; "Not really my cup of tea, seeing sights was always the most fun part of travelling."

At that same moment, Kara is alerted on her interface with her Cistron (be it her Omicron which I am sure she still has. It was the device that allowed her entry into the Coronado safe-house; or perhaps a small wristwatch linked to her Cistron). The Rift where she had originally awoken in this existence under a couple miles of water had fluctuated slightly. Energy levels equating with an exit or entry were emitted from the Rift. She also had an overwhelming but fleeting feeling of confusion, like awaking from a deep sleep suddenly and being asked what time it is. The feeling passes in a few seconds but it was enough to realize the time was noticeable. Dalia is now entering the kitchen and the bill receipt folded neatly with a smiley face from Dalia is on the table.

Kara seeing that something obviously caused her fore-consciousness to lose focus, at least for a few seconds, and gave her the impression of lost time. Being painfully aware of time-manipulators and their paradigm shifting abilities had preparations for moments like this. It only takes her a moment to focus her psyche inward and read her other consciousness. Call it a compartmentalized mind, or a backup array, the ability trained to her by the Academy was priceless in dealing with moments like this.

Dalia points Kara to the Oceanside train depot a few blocks south of the diner.
"It's not really a popular way to travel very much any more though sweety, not over distances longer than 30 minutes or so. There are a few Quasars offering teleported travel to anywhere on the globe for half the cost of first-class airfare. You can make contact with a TP'r over the net."
Dalia picks up Kara's plates and in the process ends with; "Not really my cup of tea, seeing sights was always the most fun part of travelling."
Kara's fore-consciousness is overloaded by a too terribly familiar sensation.Her secondary consciousness is however is all to aware. Whispers on the wind are heard followed by the illusion of movement at the corners of her vision. A temporary feeling of being cold and a short period of mind-numbing fear nonetheless.

Kara has all the awareness she needs to conclude that she just witnessed this world being seeded with fae. None of her senses at this point are allowing her to know for certain from which direction it came from but she knows in 24 hours this planet will be a different place.

"Did you feel than one Dalia?" A voice from the kitchen asks. "One of the batteries must have popped again."
"Yeah I did, and I am not happy. The city isn't gonna pay me for lost sleep and job performance is it?"
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Mon May 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Through years of practice and using her training from the Academy, Kara keeps her composure and remains calm as she senses the impending doom that will engulf this world. She gathers her bearings and realizes that she has a decision to make… she can stay quiet about the impending doom or she can blow the alarm, send the world into a mass panic and try to save as many lives as possible. The paramandic code is very flexible in allowing their knights to just stand by and watch billions die and not to interfere. Of course, this is the natural order of all things. There were none to save the city of Pompei when they decided to stay and the volcanic ash buried all the inhabitants alive. There were none that interfered to save Planet QX4T when an asteroid fell from the heavens and wiped out all sentient life. The Ban is now the natural order of things. Fae being seeded on the planet is nature exercising its will on this universe.

Kara checks her pocket computer and interfaces with this planet’s internet to find out what are the batteries that Dalia was talking about. Could they be fae batteries?

And then the realization that Kara very much was at fault for fae and the ban reaching out to this universe. She checks the schematics and the design of the ship to see if it was equipped with the necessary means to keep the Ban and fae from being seeded on this planet. She calculates the probability of repelling the incoming fae seeds by returning the ship to the rift. Is it the best option?

Kara
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Mon May 03, 2010 10:14 pm

Quickly glancing on the op-net, Kara determines that this is not the first time fae has hit this planet and about 30 years ago, a nova name Spectre created the fae batteries. Although not infallible, the batteries have worked so well that a manifestation has not been seen in over a decade. The most thats reported is night frights and terrible dreams. The most recent upset from a battery failure was in London 2 years ago during the new moon. A tale of a pair of 'Dark' quasars erupting has been told since then, but no evidence has been had. Theories and far fetched postulations of dark fae tainted quantum abound however.

Checking over the data and schematics of Juntha II, including energy readings, Kara is almost completely certain that even if she was in a reality where the Ban was still enforced, there was not enough of an incursion of banned energies to cause a seeding. Either this is just another random event and coincidence or something has slipped her notice; there simply is not enough data to lean one way or another. No one in the area seems alarmed and the local news sites has not even touched on it yet.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Mon May 03, 2010 10:43 pm

Kara does not believe in coincidences… Something is going on and her intelligence training impels her to find out the truth before the world goes kablooey or not…

Kara looks up the Nova named Spectre and the schematics for building the fae batteries. She looks to find his whereabouts and decides to make that her destination and leave the Detroit Bomber for another day.
Whatever schematics that she finds she cross references them with the computers found on Juntha II.

(Whatever happened to Juntha I?)

Hopefully along the way to Spectre she can see one of those fae batteries in person. I know it may take some time but Kara tries to see if she can fit visits to both locations in the same day.

She also looks for any major events that happened around thirty years ago that may have “eased” the creation of the fae batteries. What happened to Spectre’s family, friends, lovers, possessions, etc.? What is his known Nova ability? What is his unknown Nova ability?

Kara
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Tue May 04, 2010 8:16 pm

Kara finds a sort of payday on the net, having more detailed and specific queries to pursue...

Spectre is a publicly registered quasar (ratings are on a scale of 0-100. 0 being human, 65 is the Titan level apparently where Mal would have been according to the data given on the registration Data base. FYI, there are no records of any Nova's named anything Kara is familiar with; no Ceastus Pax, no Divis Mal, Chiribin, Ragnorockette, Wet, Lost, Caliber, Refuge, etc..

Quasar Name- Spectre
Real name or Public Alias- Justin Hinkley
Age-Apparent/ mid to late 30's Actual age is 58 (Quasar biology)
Nation of birth-USA
Registered and Known Abilities-
  • Light manipulation/creation/Intensification = 50-54
  • Matter Manipulation = 40-45
  • flight = 47-50
  • Intelligence = 38
  • stamina = 40
  • strength = 14
  • reaction = 34
  • Also known to have abilities related to various gadgets and equipment he has created over the years, notably- immobilization, defensive, healing, and projectiles all ranging 15-30.

His registered address is in Phoenix, AZ, but has known homes in Orange County (Ladera Ranch), Seattle, Hollywood Florida, and Houston TX. His Opnet address is public as is his "Device for Hire website" where he makes devices on demand for those that ask of it.
He has no public record of the fae battery and, not surprisingly, all research on the batteries dead end at a now defunct company called Lonn Medical & Security Technologies. Spectre and LMS Tech worked together for 23 years and it's believed that Spectre worked directly for them for 10 or more years.

LMS Tech has not been operating in over 7 years. The only public face of the company was a woman named Angela Monier (who looks too much like Gwen not to be Gwen) and a man named Lance Rechtor who is now publicly wanted for securities fraud, racketeering and assault in 16 states. Lances last known location was in Detroit a few months prior to the explosion.

It is relatively easy (for Kara) to locate the fae batteries. They are all heavily cloaked to normal senses but they emanate what can only be described as sub-primal energy. They appear as 25' tall dull gray pillars, or poles of no more than 3" diameter. Once Kara keys into their signature, she is able to see at least a faint signature of her uncles pattern in the primal field. She also is able to see that they are placed in heavy concentration; in a grid formation they can be seen precisely every 2000'. This means they can probably work farther apart but they are placed closer together to overlap slightly to compensate foe failures and over charging. Each battery has enough solar fae stored up inside to light up bright as the sun for over 72 hours. Kara is confident she can 'hack' them if need be and cause them to emit the solar fae on command.

Junta I, according to Juntha II's data base was a Dahak class ship that orbited this earth while Pax Con worked here. (Dahak class ships are the size of Earths Moon and cannot come too terribly close to planets or the gravity well will disturb tides and such if the dampening fields fail.)Juntha II was merely assembled with some of the AI and scrap material used when Juntha II was destroyed in a battle with the Atelayan species over 50,000 years ago. The Atelayans were a non-human species of shape changers who were bent on destroying (farming) this part of the galaxy in search of total domination of the Universe. They have not been seen in over 50, 000 years in this sector.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed May 05, 2010 11:28 am

(You do realize that medicine and securities are on opposite ends of the spectrum. I think Asche is a little more chaotic than Kaelan.)

Kara’s uncle was here? Which one? She hasn’t seen her uncles and other members of her family in years!

Kara tries to use conventional means like phone registries to pop in on a visit with Mr. Spectre.

Does Kara observe other quasars super jumping or flying from city to city? If she does, she will super jump her way to Spectre’s home. If not, she will take the first train to that area and then find a way to his home.

Where is the closest unknown Lonne Medical and Security office? That will be her second destination after she meets with Spectre.

Kara
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Wed May 05, 2010 12:37 pm

Originally, Lonn medical only offered advanced medical devices and procedures. It was a logical step to transition into security technologies to help his clients protect theitpr investments, and to keep the advanced technologies uder tight scrutiny.

No addresses other than those listed already are given for Spectre. His opnet address is handy though.

No obvious use of powers have been seen thus far, quasar or otherwise.

The closest (closed,inactive) safehouse/office is in Carlsbad just off the 5 freeway. According to records, Company has not accessed it in over 24 years. No safehouses have been open for at least 20 years and they have been declassified and emptied according to the database.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Wed May 05, 2010 2:28 pm

I had meant to say grandfather, not uncle. My bad
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed May 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Kara makes a visit to the old Lonne Medical Carlsbad site. So, she stops in a public restroom and changes into an extremely yuppie outfit to fit in with the snobby Carlsbad crowd. She makes sure to wear trendy clothes that are apparent name brands and she is dressed from head to toe. She calls for a driving service, not a taxi service, more like a Mercedes or Lincoln Towncar driver service to pick her up and drive her to the business district of Yuppie Town USA. She makes sure to make her skin smell like a mixture of melon and cucumber lotion to fit in with all the stuffy nose ‘wannabees” that infest that putrid city. 90% of the people who say they are from Carlsbad (in their snooty tone) are actually living in Oceanside or some other city that is “beneath” them. Being a traveler of universes she has found some constants everywhere she has been and this is one of them.

Once she gets to the site, she is looking for any hidden doors and also any leads to the Quasars who used to work on site.

Kara needs cash to travel and find means to take care of everyday needs. She can sleep under the stars and survive but Kara does appreciate the comforts in life. A nice cozy bed with too many pillows is right up her alley right now. And some room service!!! Room service and bubble bath in a deep spa tub would be paradise. Some bubbly wine and a tray of chocolate covered fruit would be divine.

After the visit to Carlsbad, Kara makes her way to see Spectre.

Kara
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Wed May 05, 2010 6:13 pm

The office building is vacant right now; a sign at the main entrance to the two story office building claims there are some inherent health risks involved with something detected here. Rush hour has just started in this are and there is alot of street and foot traffic. Not a whole lot of cover for Kara to pick the lock and get in but a quick inspection on the side alley way reveals a supply door. This door is relatively easily picked; it's a lot harder than a typical lock but not impossible for Kara. The security on the door is probably a remnant of the ex-inhabitants.

Once in, Kara is exposed to the rotting gray carpet and dingy white, dusty walls. The door open into a storeroom now littered with metal shelving and a few empty boxes. The smell here however reveals something has died here. A quick inspection of the 4 room downstairs revels nothing of not, not even a scrap of paper on the floor. walking up the wooden stairs to the top level however reveals a little.
At the top of the stairs is the skeletal remains of a male human. The only notable difference in this person from all others is that this guy had 4 arms.The body has no sign of tissue remaining and only small shredded scraps of what might have been a Army uniform remain. The rank and name have been torn off long ago.
Beyond the body are a few more empty rooms. One of the rooms however has the old secret wall safe where small arms were stored and discs were stowed. The safe is no longer powered so cracking the old fashioned way takes a little longer than Kara enjoys, and opening it reveals more dead ends. A few thousand dollars, Lonn-Tech cure-all pills in a bottle, and a Ares Manhunter Heavy pistol with a decamolar clip are the only contents.

The office has not other items or hidden areas to Karas liking; she's pretty sure this place was systematically emptied and cleaned years ago.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed May 05, 2010 9:45 pm

Acceptance and Forbearance (Kara) - Page 2 Adriana-lima-picture-024

Kara
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed May 05, 2010 9:49 pm

Kara examines the corpse to see how the poor sap died.

Did he die in battle? Was his flesh disintegrated? Was he torched? Did he get hit with a quantum bolt? Was acid poured on him and he died in agony? Other than the four arms, are than any evidence which would lead to the conclusion that he was a quasar? Was he the same species as the four armed “aliens” who attacked Kara in the World Serpent Inn?

Does Kara detect any hazards that would warrant the signs that were placed outside?

Kara takes the contents found in the safe and makes her way back to the driver waiting for her outside. She checks the county records to find out who is the new owner of the abandoned facility and asks the driver to take her to the closest known address of Spectre. Hopefully the driver is agreeable to take her…

While in the backseat of the car, Kara looks for history of Lonn Medical and Security to see if they were allied with any Quasar Teams similar to Team Tomorrow or other private agencies of Quasars. She looks for potential contacts and makes notes of their preferred method to be contacted.

Kara
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Wed May 05, 2010 10:21 pm

The remains shows no sign of what caused the death, even the original position is lost in the collapsing of the remains over time. The skeleton seems like the poor sap died there and decomposed over many, many years. He does not look big enough in stature as the alien people met in the world serpent.
There is also no signs of combat, of course there would not be as all the safe houses were outfit with nanite repairmen, who have long since gone inactive and been removed.

No signs of contaminants as to why the health hazard signs are on the building. NO current owner; the building is in the cities ward presently as the old owners simply ceased contact over 40 years ago.

Heading outside, Kara re secures the locked door and heads north into Orange county.
"Sit tight, its about a 2 hour drive this time of morning, and Ladera Ranch is a gated private community I hope you have a way in by the time we get there or it will be a wasted trip"
The driver offers his polite two-cents as he drifts slowly into northbound traffic.

[i]Any preparations or such on the journey there? Ladera Ranch is an upper class million dollar plus home area second only to Coto de Caza in prestige. Many corporate execs and mid to high level income private residents claim home here. It wont be Fort Knox getting in and quite frankly, Kara feels she can probably talk her way in.

LMST did have a Quasar team employed by them but the only one who was publicly known was Spectre. AS far as costumed teams, thats a no-go. Seems everything was done in the dark, so to speak, from LMST side.

Now that the sun is up and there are many more people up and about, Kara does detect more Quasars/Nova's. Most are not seen as much as they are felt and so far, the power levels seem to be putting old earth where Kara is more familiar with to shame. Power levels are generally 30-50 percent higher in intensity or raw potential. Stil however, no overt power displays have been seen.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed May 05, 2010 11:05 pm

Ooc: I am guessing Kara failed her roll because cause of death would be something that she would have found easily… or this guy just died from natural causes but she would have been able to detect that too. And another thing… you are watching waaaaaaaaay too much Real Housewives of Orange County to know about Ladera Ranch.

Kara attempts to make contact with Spectre or his representative to alert them that she is coming for a visit. She is going to attempt professional conventional means before relying on her powers and other skills to get through security. She is going to charm it up but she is hoping to not have to use powers to get through.

She does continue to do her research on Spectre as much as possible. She reads some manifestos on his missions and team missions through Juntha’s computers looking to find as much information as possible in two hours so she can get a better feel of the man. She is looking to find an ally, answers, and something of interest to do in this universe. She is looking for risks to her and trying to determine why Asche and Gwen abandoned ship… Is this planet a preparation center to protect this universe from the effects of the Rend?

Kara
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next