In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.
In Other Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

What do we know about.....? Empty
Latest topics
» Die Rolling, HOW to
What do we know about.....? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 7:17 am by Narrator

» The City; Game discussion
What do we know about.....? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:24 am by Narrator

» House Rathien and the Paramandic Oath
What do we know about.....? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 2:00 pm by Narrator

» Divine Code
What do we know about.....? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:55 pm by Narrator

» Happiness
What do we know about.....? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:45 pm by Narrator

» Freedom at Last
What do we know about.....? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 7:27 am by Narrator

» Gear
What do we know about.....? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 11:44 am by Narrator

» Role Call
What do we know about.....? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 12:27 pm by Elridge Cleaver

» vacation
What do we know about.....? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:51 pm by Gavin Harrison

Most active topic starters
Narrator
What do we know about.....? I_vote_lcapWhat do we know about.....? I_voting_barWhat do we know about.....? I_vote_rcap 
Red Samaritan
What do we know about.....? I_vote_lcapWhat do we know about.....? I_voting_barWhat do we know about.....? I_vote_rcap 
Tigerwasp

What do we know about.....?

5 posters

Go down

What do we know about.....? Empty What do we know about.....?

Post by Narrator Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:11 pm

Do not post Origins here, unless its public. Of course, if you have things that you do not want others to know about, don't post it here either.

Please post description or a picture as well as your general personality (nature/demeanor).
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
What do we know about.....? Left_bar_bleue0/0What do we know about.....? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

What do we know about.....? Empty Galatea

Post by Galatea Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:52 pm

Galatea

What do we know about.....? Infernofire

Full Name: Galatea Xi
Height: 6'2" Weight: 172 lbs.
Eyes: Brown Hair: Brown (Currently dyed Red)

History: Due to her public activities and well-reported problems with her government, Galatea's background is quite accessible. She is a genetically engineered super-powered woman designed by Yugoslavian scientists during the Cold War to be a national symbol, possessing great strength and speed thanks to her body generating large amounts of kinetic energy. The program was a personal project of Marshall Tito and he made sure her DNA was crafted from the many ethnic groups in his country. Named Galatea after the mythical woman brought to life from a statue, she made her public debut during the Winter Olympic opening ceremony held in Sarajevo. Galatea was used mainly in public relations until the break-up of Yugoslavia. Since the facility that created her was located in Macedonia, she considered that home.

During the subsequent violence that lasted through the first half of the 90's in Slovenia, Croatia, and Bosnia, Galatea worked with United Nations peacemakers to try suppress the bloodshed. Once some measure of a truce was obtained, she returned to the relatively tranquil Macedonia. Galatea resumed being mainly a spokesperson for the government until the Albanian insurgency broke out in 2001. Although she did her part for Macedonia in battle with the militants, she was openly critical of both the government's slow initial response and the actions of the military during the conflict. In response, the Macedonian government declared Galatea was property and not a citizen due to her artificial creation and attempted to take her into custody.

This proved futile thanks to her abilities and she fled to Greece. While there, she became enamored with ancient Greek culture due to the mythological origin of her name. She even chose the ancient Greet letter Xi, which looks like the Roman X, for her surname. Galatea became something of a minor celebrity and made a good amount of money through endorsements. But she also felt an itch for action and resumed working for the UN Security Council as an independent troubleshooter. She has also taken on the occasional operations for less official groups as well.

Personality: In recent years, Galatea has become something of a hedonist. She enjoys attention and the finer things in life. Those who knew her in earlier times have noted she seems to have become jaded after dealing with civil wars and government bureaucracies. Galatea tends to act first and worry about the consequences later, both in her social life and in combat. She is somewhat vain about her looks and her abilities, not turning down a chance to show off either. Deep down Galatea cares about "normal" people, even though her background makes it hard for her to identify with them, and is concerned about victims caught in the crossfire of global conflicts. She is fascinated by ancient Greek history and can be frequently found exploring museums or ruins when not sunbathing on a yacht with some shipping heir or other.

Last edited by Galatea on Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Galatea
Galatea

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 9/5/6
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Experience:
What do we know about.....? Left_bar_bleue15/500What do we know about.....? Empty_bar_bleue  (15/500)

Back to top Go down

What do we know about.....? Empty Re: What do we know about.....?

Post by Armor Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:02 am

Armor

Height: 6'0" Weight: 185 lbs.
Eyes: Green Hair: Brown

History: We've all seen the clip a dozen times, but millions of us watched the hostage situation end on live television; the bulletproof gunman was disarmed by a figure straight out of the comic books, a cloaked man who swooped in to wrap up that would-be shooter in a wrestling hold for the appreciative cops on the scene. What came next captured the public imagination: a young woman shook her rescuer's hand and asked if America's newest metahuman would now register with the authorities -- and he apologetically replied, to cheers, that he doesn't actually have any powers. "If he'd gotten the drop on me," he told her, as the cameras rolled, "you might have been the one in the right place to make all the difference."

And that's when he pushed back his bulky wraparound, which suddenly looked more than a bit like a cape.

And the crowd went wild.

He's tirelessly stressed that same point at the close of every case since: ordinary people sometimes find themselves in the right place at the right time -- and while he readily admits that hitting the books as often as he hits the gym means he excels at putting himself between people and danger, he invariably emphasizes that those people were just as vital: it's always about, say, the eyewitness who stepped up to testify, or the paramedic who saved that witness, because (a) all he can do is give them the chance to get the job done, sure as (b) he only got there in time because of the hardworking reporter who made key deductions after talking with a sensible cop off the record. That sort of thing.

Personality: He's a relaxed and fairly straightforward guy, more casual than self-effacing; despite being decked out in black gloves and black boots and, yes, black briefs over a silver bodystocking, he manages to come across as perfectly natural and even low-key when talking about how we're far from obsolete even in a world of inhuman powerhouses -- and even when he's got the bulky cloak wrapped around him like a hooded poncho, he seems entirely down-to-earth rather than mysterious. In fact, he's so incredibly plainspoken that his bland comments sometimes don't become noteworthy until several days later; his off-handed response to an interviewer will turn out to describe a leap an inch or two past the Olympic record, or require a scientific conclusion that upon reflection implies a patentable breakthrough. The truth is, he's dedicated (and somewhat single-minded) when it comes to his work.

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 4/8+/9
Demeanor: Optomist
Experience:
What do we know about.....? Left_bar_bleue30/500What do we know about.....? Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:26 pm

Still Looking for Southern Cross and Red Samaritan... Very Happy
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:
What do we know about.....? Left_bar_bleue0/0What do we know about.....? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:21 am

moved this topic for easier spotting...
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Samaritan Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:10 pm

The world at large knows very little about the Red Samaritan. He avoids the spotlight, and there a very few in focus pictures or video of him, thanks to his super speed. Most of the time he is seen as a white and red blur.

The stories that are told about him, is that he appears when needed, helps out and then leaves.

Other heroes Red Samaritan has teamed up with in the past are The Public Defender, D-Fib, and Officer Justice.
Red Samaritan
Red Samaritan
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/5/6
Demeanor: please fill out sheet
Experience:
What do we know about.....? Left_bar_bleue15/500What do we know about.....? Empty_bar_bleue  (15/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:00 pm

Not much is known about Southern Cross,even in New Zealand, his home country.
While he does help out when needed, his great speed and flight powers mean that he doesn't stay for interviews. However he seems to have a professional rivalry with Australian heroes, which manifests in teasing and attempts to outdo them whenever they have to team up.

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/6/6
Demeanor: Honest Abe
Experience:
What do we know about.....? Left_bar_bleue25/500What do we know about.....? Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum