In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.
In Other Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 Empty
Latest topics
» Die Rolling, HOW to
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 7:17 am by Narrator

» The City; Game discussion
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:24 am by Narrator

» House Rathien and the Paramandic Oath
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 2:00 pm by Narrator

» Divine Code
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:55 pm by Narrator

» Happiness
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:45 pm by Narrator

» Freedom at Last
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 7:27 am by Narrator

» Gear
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 11:44 am by Narrator

» Role Call
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 12:27 pm by Elridge Cleaver

» vacation
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:51 pm by Gavin Harrison

Most active topic starters
Narrator
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries - Page 7 I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 
Tigerwasp
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries - Page 7 I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 
Red Samaritan

Doubts and Discoveries

+3
Galatea
Southern Cross
Narrator
7 posters

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 Empty Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:19 am

See this post.
Novas and Metas

Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:56 pm

Tigerwasp let out a perplexed sigh.
"Now you see why I restrict my adventuring to night times only. I don't suppose you fancy being any more informative than the other two?" She enquired, struggling to conceal her frustration. She couldn't help but question her appearance. What was the point of being drop dead gorgeous if everyone ignored her? Perhaps she needed to wear a little less. That uncomfortable thought rather distracted her from procedings thereafter.

Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 21/5/5
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:50 pm

A hair surprised, Chronos eyed the attractive newcomer and echoed, "Informative? Them?" then somewhat amused he smiled and replied, "Oh let me guess. Our local law enforcement agents approached you and assumed you knew what everyone obviously knows, and thought you were making fun of them when you didn't. Hilarity ensued. Let's not make their mistake."

Chronos gave a half bow and said, "Allow me to introduce myself, I am John Donaldson, also known as Doctor Chronos. I run a small medical clinic." As an afterthought Chronos gestured to his companion and added, "This is Joe." Everyone got the impression that Crumble rolled his eyes at the Doctor's pomposity but he didn't say anything.

{Awe Inspiring off}

Chronos eased off the formal introduction and said in a more causal and friendly tone, "And none you are from this timeline. Your temporal signatures are like air-raid sirens to my senses. Let me guess, you're scouting things out in general? Researching other timelines?"

Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 13/5/15
Demeanor: Paragon
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:23 am

"Actually,we're all here against our will", Southern Cross replied." I call myself Southern Cross. The ladies are Tigerwasp and Galatea. The fire-wielding hothead is Red Samaritan, and the last (but not least) member is known as Armor. I don't know how Tigerwasp got here, but the rest of us were brought here by some superhumans calling themselves the Protectorate."

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/6/6
Demeanor: Honest Abe
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue25/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:39 am

"I don't know how I got here either. One second I'm patrolling -in the middle of the night, I hasten to add - the next, I'm here..and it's day." She added rather unnecessarily.

"At least the clinicky-thing sounds better than standing around waiting to get interrogated, as much fun as that can be,..and you do seem to know what is happening."

In truth, she felt rather sulky and petulant. Not really qualities that were readily associated with heroines, but everyone seemed to overshadow her. Admittedly, she was by far the shortest person present, but that was no compensation for the lack of attention. Her sole consolation was that she at least had her stiletto heels. Without those, she would seem positively diminutive, or so she thought.

Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:08 am

Chronos said with a frown, "The Protectorate? Now that's a grand name. Protecting who against what I wonder. And I'm going to go out on a limb and guess this means you don't have access to cross time travel. Which in turn means you can't push a button or something and help me leave. That's... unfortunate."

"I'm not native to here either, I've been here about a week. As far as I can tell with the exception of myself, no one here knows cross time travel is more than fiction. That's why those two law types didn't ask you the right questions."

Upon Tigerwasp's statement Doc looked at her closely. He said, "Now this I do have some experience with. You bounced timelines and probably in time as well. That's not good. It could be we've had another time quake or someone seriously incompetent is screwing around with time travel."

{OOC: Question for Narrator, does Doc think it's possible she could bounce again, and is her temporal-sig close enough to the others that Doc thinks she's from the same timeline?}
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:42 am

Doctor Chronos wrote:Chronos said with a frown, "The Protectorate? Now that's a grand name. Protecting who against what I wonder. And I'm going to go out on a limb and guess this means you don't have access to cross time travel. Which in turn means you can't push a button or something and help me leave. That's... unfortunate."

Armor gives a polite cough. "I recently finished preliminary research," he says amiably, "but haven't actually begun practical experiments; I've been too busy putting the finishing touches on an unrelated scientific project -- so I'm presumably not the incompetent who set this cross-time bounce in motion, though I may well be able to help you out. What world are you trying to leave for?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 4/8+/9
Demeanor: Optomist
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:20 am

After looking at Tigerwasp Chronos glanced at each of the others in turn then said, "Odd. This isn't... this was done by someone *good* at this. Your signatures are adapting to this reality as I watch."

Armor wrote:Armor gives a polite cough. "I recently finished preliminary research," he says amiably, "but haven't actually begun practical experiments; I've been too busy putting the finishing touches on an unrelated scientific project -- so I'm presumably not the incompetent who set this cross-time bounce in motion, though I may well be able to help you out. What world are you trying to leave for?"
Chronos replied, "A land where novas are the only metahumans around and where I left a large number of friends. I could give you a list of the natural laws, and what I remember the temporal signature to be, but lost in time is a non-trivial problem. Time doesn't just split, it's an infinity of infinities with changing natural laws. I could also..."

Chronos paused for a moment then said, "You're a meta-inventor, right? Someone who runs around creating new technology because it's what you do?"
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:12 am

It occurs to all of you that this conversation ought to be had elsewhere...
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:17 am

Chronos says, "This is kind of public. My place?"
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:44 am

"Well, as I don't actually have a place, here - wherever here is, I'm not in a position to refuse." Tigerwasp responds. Although undrstandably irked at her newfound situation, she still managed to see the funny side and ended with a smile.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:15 pm

Armor nods. "Introductions all around once we're at your place?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:05 am

"Looks like there are no objections; show us where to go and we'll see whether my dimension-travel invention can be of use."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:49 pm

"Oh Armor," Southern Cross replied "When did you have time to invent a dimension-travel machine?"

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue25/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:40 pm

Southern Cross wrote:"Oh Armor," Southern Cross replied "When did you have time to invent a dimension-travel machine?"

"You could say I've had a prototype since my first day in costume," he replies with a grin. "If I have a specialty, it's omni-gadgets in general and occult artifacts in particular: be it an invisibility serum or a transmutation device, figure I'm at most seconds away from putting the finishing touches on it."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:26 am

While paying attention to the other conversations, Doc got out a cell phone and summoned transportation.
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:36 am

As the conversation turned to more technical topics, Tigerwasp began to daydream. She hoped that her friend, Bloodnymph would look after Cochise, her cat, as it seemed her absence was not going to be a short one. She didn't think she had many other problems, but then doubted that Doc's place would be equipped with a cornucopia of cosmetics and toiletries - her essentials. She didn't even have any money to get them herself.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:55 pm

Doc's "transportation" arrived... and it was a chartered limo with a uniformed driver. The limo was full sized, could easily fit everyone, and came equipped with a bar. Apparently Doc just opened a telephone book and selected the most expensive option available.

Chronos said, "Good. This must be the car. All aboard." Doc said to the driver, "Epcot Building. We have the penthouse."

(OOC: Assuming no hostilities break out in the next few moments Doc relaxes his effect on Joe and Crumble starts experiencing time normally. Thus he'll be able to talk without making 'squeaking' noises).
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:57 pm

NARRATIVE UPDATE
March 24, 2010 - 0804
Seattle, Washington

Participants: Armor, Galatea, Red Samaritan,Southern Cross, Doctor Chronos, Tigerwasp.

Everyone does fit in nicely, even if Galatea needs to scrunch in a bit to fit comfortably; her knees are either in her chest or her legs are stretched out flat in front of her. Tigerwasp might also reveal a bit of her 'gifts' as she shuffles into the vehicle. Other than that, there are no instances and the ride is less than 15 minutes with only light traffic.

The Epcot building does have obvious security in the form of lightly armed patrolmen and inconspicuous cameras. Key-cards are also given to residents, which Chronos has and presents as the driver enters the underground structure for drop-off. After a short elevator ride, the group disembarks onto the 48th floor which is apparently occupied by only Chronos and a few staff.

Artistic liberties given to Chronos for further description..
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:20 am

The Epcot was one of those 'money is not enough' buildings, presumably you'd need serious influence and/or be willing to wait for space for months/years. The view from the top floor was breathtaking.

The amount of floor space was enough for several families and multiple rooms bespoke that Doc had only just moved in. The place had that 'new carpet' smell. Some rooms were totally empty, others had empty furniture boxes, and a few where in the process of being painted.

Several rooms, including living quarters, were finished. The furniture was brand new and spoke of a "rich and now" style, the sort of thing that someone with an unlimited budget and no time might choose.

Doc said, "If anyone or everyone wants to stay, you're more than welcome. I've got more than enough room and if we're missing a bed or something we can order one sent up. I've got a furniture store on speed dial."
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:30 am

"Well, I for one would be most willing to accept your hospitality." Tigerwasp spoke quietly from the floor to seiling panaramic windows. She wasn't used to such wealth and opulence, but was willing to give it a try.
"Actually, I will likely have to run up a tab." She continued. "I have only the clothes I am standing in."
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:11 pm

"So," says Armor, "proper introductions all around? You've been here the longest," he says, with a nod to Chronos, "and probably have the most useful information; what do we know?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:14 pm

Tigerwasp wrote:"Well, I for one would be most willing to accept your hospitality." Tigerwasp spoke quietly from the floor to seiling panaramic windows. She wasn't used to such wealth and opulence, but was willing to give it a try.
"Actually, I will likely have to run up a tab." She continued. "I have only the clothes I am standing in."
Joe glanced with approval at the clothes Tigerwasp was wearing but withheld comment. Chronos said gently, "No problem. Seriously, it's just money."

Armor wrote:"So," says Armor, "proper introductions all around? You've been here the longest," he says, with a nod to Chronos, "and probably have the most useful information; what do we know?"
Doc nodded and looked around to see that none of his staff was around and the doors were shut. Then he said, "I'm John Donaldson, and I really am a doctor. I'm also what's called a temporal manipulator. I have a years of experience with cross time travel through my own efforts and my allies. We had quite the set, almost a cross time civilization. Then a few years ago there was a massive time quake. About a dozen of us ended up seriously far away from home and cut off from our primary technology base. After that… well, it’s a long story. More recently, someone... made a mistake."

Joe interrupted dryly with, "Someone? If I recall..."

Doc waved his hand in embarrassment and said, "It doesn't really matter who did what at this point. About a week ago Joe and I found ourselves here alone and with very limited resources. Not quite only clothes, but not that far off either. Money isn’t an issue since I’ve restarted the clinic, but I figure we’re years, maybe even decades, away from rebuilding enough temporal technology to rebuild a cross-time organization and regaining contact with the others."

“The local timeline has several different groups of paranormals. The dominate group call themselves garou, they’re shapeshifters of some sort. They’re what passes for paranormal law enforcement and you’ve already met two. There are other paranormals of our sort, but I gather we’re rarer and have only been around for a few years. They make a big deal about registration, given that we’re so far from home there’s no reason not to.”

Joe added, “And Doc has skipped me entirely. I’m Joe Crumb, aka Crumble, aka Doc’s bodyguard. I’m stronger and quicker than normal, and I can make stuff crumble into non-existence. Doc here is far too useful for his own good. His 'clinic' turns the old and rich into the young and well off. It’s how he can pay for digs like this with only a few days income. Left on his own he’s this huge target.”
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:26 pm

{{OOC}}}At this time, participants are Southern Cross, Armor, Tigerwasp, and Chronos. Please dont wait for Red and Galatea to post....please remember to post at least once a day, when possible, even if the post is saying; "Armor is simply sitting quietly and observing the activities." This will help me know were all here and I will advance the scene.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:28 pm

"My real name is Morgan Champion", Southern Cross replied." My own powers are derived from nanogenes implanted in my body,and mainly derive from gravity manipulation. I was using my own powers to travel to another reality,when I was somehow knocked out of the Void and apparently into this one. I haven't been able to access the cross time subroutine since then.
As to the garou,there was a company called White Wolf in my native reality who put out several role-playing games. One of those was called Werewolf and featured the garou as the heroic but badly flawed protectors of the environment."

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:36 am

Tigerwasp reluctantly stepped away from the panoramic window. She approached the group in earnest conversation. Her perilous heels accorded her movements great allure and amplified her sexy appearance. Upon joining the others, she smiled sweetly and explained as best she could, in her soft, slightly accented voice about her own position and abilities.

"Hi. I'm Lucy McKinnon, Tigerwasp. Originally from Scotland; hence the accent. um..I'm no intellectual colossus I'm afraid: I struggle with names...and faces; so my apologies if I forget yours. I've no idea where I am - which world, I mean. I gather we are in some part of the North Western United States? Oh well, I suppose it doesn't make that much difference. I was pitched sideways through a vortex whilst out patrolling. It was brief and painless, fortunately."

"As for what I do. Well, I can fly, sting, fight and sneak (a bit). However, I must admit that I am heavily reliant on 3 other things. I regenerate very fast. I take less damage from injuries than most and I look bewitching." The last she added with a wink and struck a sexy pose. It didn't last, as her smile fadedto a frown.
"Unfortunately, my appearance doesn't seem to be affecting the locals at all. So, it looks like I'm going to need a briefer costume." Looking at Tigerwasps attire, obvious reductions were not immediately apparent. "Doc, if I designed another, do you think you could arrange manufacture?" She enquired disarmingly.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:01 am

"I'm Jake Nelson," says Armor. "No powers, I'm just an athletic sleuth with a knack for the sciences. On my world, I enjoy a certain amount of popularity that most costumed folks lack; something about being a hardworking guy plugging away on behalf of the rest of mankind." He grins ruefully. "I sure wouldn't mind having more up my sleeve than research-and-development skills, but so far hitting the gym and the library have been enough."

"In my free time, I'd recently finished reconstructing the art of alchemy -- the experiments worked out great -- and was looking forward to putting my conclusions about interdimensional travel into practice by putting the finishing touches on my prototype device. Never got the chance, though; like Cross, I just woke up here, is all."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:53 am

"I'm a dancer, erm ..exotic dancer actually. Does that help?" Tigerwasp had received only limited recognition at home. Most of this was due to her daring attire. Consequently she tended to be on the front of men's magazines more often than quality newspapers.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:49 pm

Doc said to Morgan and the others, "As for these Garou, I'm not sure why we see names and echoes repeated across realities. It might be as simple as we see what we look for. I do know that most of them have very strong wills."

Crumble found it hard to look away from Tigerwasp and her movements weren't helping. Doc glanced at his bodyguard with a hint of amusement and replied to Tigerwasp, "I'd love to help you out of your..." Clearly about to say 'clothes' Doc hesitated then added, "Um... that didn't come out right. I meant I'd be glad to help you. I have some ideas that you might like." Perhaps Doc was more affected by Tigerwasp than he wanted to admit.

Doc listened intently to everything that was said and he tried to make patterns and plans. He commented to Armor and the others, "Interesting, we all had temporal experiences of one sort or another. I can well believe that some other power is involved, we had best expect more. I'd very much like review your design."
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:53 pm

"Is there a shower? If you are going to talk technical, then I can spend a good hour so in the bathroom." Tigerwasp offered. She had no interest in technical discussions. She generally had an adverse effect on anything technological; mobile phones and computers seemed to absolutely loathe her touch. She hoped the shower wasn't digitally controlled. Maybe she could luxuriate in a bath. That last thought brought a smile to her full and painted lips.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum