In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.
In Other Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 Empty
Latest topics
» Die Rolling, HOW to
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 7:17 am by Narrator

» The City; Game discussion
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:24 am by Narrator

» House Rathien and the Paramandic Oath
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 2:00 pm by Narrator

» Divine Code
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:55 pm by Narrator

» Happiness
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:45 pm by Narrator

» Freedom at Last
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 7:27 am by Narrator

» Gear
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 11:44 am by Narrator

» Role Call
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 12:27 pm by Elridge Cleaver

» vacation
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:51 pm by Gavin Harrison

Most active topic starters
Narrator
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries - Page 12 I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 
Tigerwasp
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries - Page 12 I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 
Red Samaritan

Doubts and Discoveries

+3
Galatea
Southern Cross
Narrator
7 posters

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 Empty Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:28 pm

Truth is certainly impressed at the display of power, but the look of astonishment passes as quickly as it came.
"How long can you maintain this, or rather, can we leave this area without disrupting the temporal pattern and thus loose the regular flow again?"

Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:03 pm

Chronos replied, "I can hold this past us running out of air and disruption isn't an issue. We're between ticks of the clock, nothing out there can affect us, but that works both ways."

Doc added dryly, "Mostly I've used this for holding unobservable business meetings. Leaving is harder but do-able. We walk out the open door Tigerwasp used, then I try to set up another field letting us walk away. Poof. From their standpoint we disappear. TW teleported and the rest of us got up and left during the confusion."

Chronos unhurriedly took a sip of water then got out his wallet and took out some money and put it on the table. He added, "But speaking of business meeting, we have the time and we're not being observed. Who are those guys and why should we care if they catch us here?"

Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 13/5/15
Demeanor: Paragon
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:40 am

Lucy hoped that the woman would use less technical terms. She still wasn;t sure if the authorities were the bad guys here or not. It was always preferable to fight unequivocal evil. Dealing in shades of moral grey was always challenging for her. She'd let a thief go before, convinced of his absolute need for the money and its use.
(It was actually to pay for vetinaraian bils for his cats - she has a real soft spot for cats and kittens)

Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 21/5/5
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:48 am

Truth Stands from her chair and looks over at TW and then the frozen pair of men.
"To me it is unmistakable that those men are shifters, shape changers of the Garou or 'wolf' council. Their aura tells me that and is likely something you all cannot see. This is the biggest reason I wanted you all independent of my bias to investigate them yourselves and see the facts firsthand. "

She pulls from a cache on her hip a sleek chrome plated pistol, ejects the ammo clip, eyeballs the rounds held within and reloads and readies the weapon in a quick fluid motion of just over 3 seconds.

"If it were my call and my actions were without consequence, I would end that pair of lives this moment. I truly do want to see for my self that the bullet wont hurt them."

Truth stashes her weapon again.
"They are sentries Chronos. They arrive when a mechanical alarm is triggered sensing a meta or when someone alerts them as the suspected presence of one. Their job is to investigate and ensure registration or apprehend should cooperation not be found."

Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:37 pm

Narrator wrote:"They are sentries Chronos. They arrive when a mechanical alarm is triggered sensing a meta or when someone alerts them as the suspected presence of one. Their job is to investigate and ensure registration or apprehend should cooperation not be found."

Armor leans in. "Two questions -- one apiece, I suppose. First," he says, to Truth, "where's the nearest alarm? As Cross suggested, their methods of detection might be the key to any long-term strategy." He turns to Doc. "And, in the short-term, I've got a teleportation device ready to pop us out of here if you think it'll help; figure you've got time down just fine, I can maybe help with space?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 4/8+/9
Demeanor: Optomist
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:49 pm

"They are usually nothing more complicated that a fire alarm, but will be placed near common areas like entrances and restrooms."

She points to two in line of sight, one at the front door and one to the side of the eatery near the windows.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:57 am

"It's a pity we can't take one to analyze" Southern Cross replied " It would make finding a countermeasure a lot easier".

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/6/6
Demeanor: Honest Abe
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue25/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:39 am

'Oh good.' Lucy thought. 'Time and space manipulation - nothing complicated there, then'

She derived considerable solace from the fact that no matter how scientific or technical things got, she still looked good.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Narrator wrote:"If it were my call and my actions were without consequence, I would end that pair of lives this moment. I truly do want to see for my self that the bullet wont hurt them."
Joe asked reasonably, "If they're bullet proof, then how would you end their lives?"

Narrator wrote:"They are sentries Chronos. They arrive when a mechanical alarm is triggered sensing a meta or when someone alerts them as the suspected presence of one. Their job is to investigate and ensure registration or apprehend should cooperation not be found."
Doc looked thoughtful and asked, "What would they do if they found their target was a small child? Also, are you registered?"

Armor wrote:Armor leans in. "Two questions -- one apiece, I suppose. First," he says, to Truth, "where's the nearest alarm? As Cross suggested, their methods of detection might be the key to any long-term strategy." He turns to Doc. "And, in the short-term, I've got a teleportation device ready to pop us out of here if you think it'll help; figure you've got time down just fine, I can maybe help with space?"
Doc grimaced and replied, "Thank you, that's a strong option. I'm not really good with space, I don't like trying to teleport from inside here, but we could drop the field right before you make your move. But that raises two issues in turn."

Doc turns back to Truth, "First, where could we do that wouldn't trigger another alarm? Second, if we stay here will these guys do anything more than check our registration and then leave?"
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:09 pm

Southern Cross wrote:"It's a pity we can't take one to analyze" Southern Cross replied " It would make finding a countermeasure a lot easier".
"As easy as that may sound, they are easier slain than caught alive. Unless you can outright incapacitate them in one or tow fast attacks, the pain and damage only fuel their rage and thus their strength and power."

Doctor Chronos wrote:
Narrator wrote:"If it were my call and my actions were without consequence, I would end that pair of lives this moment. I truly do want to see for my self that the bullet wont hurt them."
Joe asked reasonably, "If they're bullet proof, then how would you end their lives?"
-Meaning, wont the bullet stop before it hists them outside of this time bubble.

Doctor Chronos wrote:
Doc looked thoughtful and asked, "What would they do if they found their target was a small child? Also, are you registered?"
"I have never registered but I also will not trigger their alarms unless they specifically look for my energy signature. And thats impossible technically as they have no record of it. Regarding the child, well thats never been considered in all all honesty and their are no reports to go from. I assume they would talk to the ward or parents of the child."

Doctor Chronos wrote:
Armor wrote:Armor leans in. "Two questions -- one apiece, I suppose. First," he says, to Truth, "where's the nearest alarm? As Cross suggested, their methods of detection might be the key to any long-term strategy." He turns to Doc. "And, in the short-term, I've got a teleportation device ready to pop us out of here if you think it'll help; figure you've got time down just fine, I can maybe help with space?"
Doc grimaced and replied, "Thank you, that's a strong option. I'm not really good with space, I don't like trying to teleport from inside here, but we could drop the field right before you make your move. But that raises two issues in turn."

Doc turns back to Truth, "First, where could we do that wouldn't trigger another alarm? Second, if we stay here will these guys do anything more than check our registration and then leave?"
"The alarms are only triggered when they sense a non-registered pattern. They have to be linked up somehow to a mainframe or home computer somewhere. I am not good with all that kind of stuff so I am guessing. All I know for sure is that the alarms only go off when unrecognized metas are around; the farther we are from civilization, the better chances we have of not triggering any alarms. That or being in a building we know is sealed and clean of all alarms."
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:14 am

"If the anti-meta alarms are dependent on one or more central databases then they have to be sending and receiving information from that database" Southern Cross replied."I'm not a technician,but if they operate in such a manner,they send a metahuman's energy pattern to see if it matches with their records. If no matches are received,the database sends back the equivalent of "NO MATCH FOUND" and the alarm sounds. Considering how paranoid these Garou sound, I'd assume that the alarm goes off UNLESS the alarm receives a "MATCH FOUND" signal from the database".

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue25/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:44 am

"Erm, what's happening?" tigerwasp enquired.
She really hadn't got a clue what all the discussion was about.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:46 pm

Tigerwasp wrote:"Erm, what's happening?" tigerwasp enquired.
She really hadn't got a clue what all the discussion was about.

"Folks with powers are often hunted in this world," Armor explains. "They want a way to fool the sensors. Maybe we can duplicate your ability to interfere with tech. Maybe we can duplicate Truth's super-stealth. Maybe we can devise something else altogether."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:02 am

Doc frowned as several options presented themselves. He reasoned out loud, "Truth is immune. The rest of us have registered. Either their database hasn't been updated and they're here for us by mistake, or they're not here for us. The first would be interesting and potentially useful, the second is a problem."
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:57 am

"I'm still confused." Lucy rejoined. "So these guys are after someone and we are stopping them because...?"
Tigerwasp understood that she'd registered; so couldn't see the issue there, unless there was a cabal of extremists within the organisation hunting specific threats. If their system worked, why wasn't she now the bad guy for opposing it? She just wanted someone to point to some unequivocal basics that set her world back to simple understandable truths, or as near as was possible to such.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:15 pm

"As far as we know,they're not pursuing someone who's committing an actual crime," Southern Cross replied."In this world it's illegal to have powers and not be registered.Their target (or targets) may not even be aware they have powers. That's specism in my book,which is immoral."

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:13 pm

Southern Cross wrote:"As far as we know,they're not pursuing someone who's committing an actual crime," Southern Cross replied."In this world it's illegal to have powers and not be registered.Their target (or targets) may not even be aware they have powers. That's specism in my book,which is immoral."

"Well said," replies Armor. "So how can we best lend a hand?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:02 pm

Chronos said, "Registration is just a tool, it does have proper uses. Society has an interest in banning meta-powered criminals and in making sure metas understand their powers. Preventing the destruction of New York or the creation of zombie plagues are good things."

Chronos nodded to Truth and continued, "But registration can also be misused. Slavery. The holocaust. And Truth here is claiming the organizers are destabilizing reality."

Doc added dryly, "But thus far I've seen nothing of slavery, or people plotting a holocaust. On the face of it our law enforcement thugs appear to be..." Doc searched for a word and decided on, "...proper, if thuggish."

Doc sighed and said, "Unless someone has something more concrete, I say we let them continue."
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:29 pm

Truth sighs. It's not hard to see the regret pass over her face.
"I agree with all of your points and observations, they are all correct. I regret that I still stand on letting you see for yourselves what is and is not true here. I would not trust anyone on their word alone, especially if I were in your shoes."

She pulls a pen out of her shirt and then writes a series of numbers on an empty sugar packet. Handing it to Armor she stands and says;
"Post a message there on that blog when you are decided, whichever way you do decide anyhow. IN the mean time I ask you all to keep an open mind"

She takes a few steps toward the rear of the time bubble.
"Lucy, I envy your point of view. Try to keep that innocence about you as long as you can, with it comes piece of mind."
Then,
"Chronos, please let time take its normal flow. I will depart and wish you the best. But please, as I asked earlier, investigate the Council of Gaia firsthand."

With that, Truth has done what she came to do and fully expects to be on her way. SHe believes that telling you too much from her point of view will unfairly bias you and thus make you more ineffective in shaping reality here.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:13 am

"Well, I followed all of that - except for the shaping reality bit." Tigerwasp proclaimed delightedly. "Furthermore, my viewpoint is envied: that's got to be a good thing. I have nothing else to occupy me at the moment; so investigating the Council of Gaia sounds do-able. Oh, speaking of nothing to do - do I need to get a job or something. I feel like I am kind of leeching off you a bit Doc. And for what it's worth, I am good at spending money."
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:23 am

Doc replied, "I don't understand the shaping reality bit either. As for something to do and a job, how about I pay you and Joe to investigate the Council?"

Joe replied, "Oh I like that idea. Watching your back is too easy right now. Word hasn't gotten out yet."

Doc answered, "Yes, I know, and I thought the two of you worked well together just now."
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:58 am

"We did? Oh, yes we did, didn't we?" Lucy responded with a mischievous smile.
"I'm not the best investigator, but I'll happily give it a go." She added. She chose to omit the bit about usually ending up, neck-deep, in trouble. Still, she derived confidence from the fact that Jow would be there to extricate her should things go badly. Even if he hadn't been there, she still would have accepted; she enjoyed the excitement and the attention.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:38 am

Doc said, "OK, everyone move back to where you were and let's let time continue then. On 3... 2... 1... Now."
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:32 am

Lucy quickly took up her position again, but was not at all clear on what was supposd to happen next. Currently she was headed out the door without a skirt. For some reason, things like that often happened to her. She sighed and readied herself for the continuance of time.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:57 am

was awaiting a reply from Armor and Cross to state their actions before time resumed. I will allow another 12 hours and resume post..My apologies.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:13 am

Southern Cross remains at the table,watching the events transpire. If a fight breaks out,he will try to stop it, or , if that should be impossible, get the combatants out of the restaurant and away from innocent bystanders.

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:09 am

As the time bubble collapses the sounds start at a very deep bass rumble and range up to where they should at the normal tremble of speech and laughter. Lucy takes her position almost perfectly, or at least perfectly enough as to not raise suspicion, and is hurried out the door by an arriving policeman. He politely offers his jacket to cover her lower half but hesitates just long enough to get a good look.

{Are you ok miss? Did someone hurt you?}translated from Italian. If Lucy does not understand, he simply escorts her to behind one of the 2 squad cars that have arrived.

In side the restaurant the 2 men take position, one at the entrance and one near the entrance to the kitchen. The man at the kitchen pushes the doors open and drags a chair over to keep it in that state. They both stand there silently a moment and peer into all the eyes that will meet them.
In the meantime, 3 policemen have entered through the front door, weapons drawn at the ready.

After a moment of apparent disappointment, the pair of men each tear off a chunk of cloth or leather from a fold in their pocket. They rub it briskly with both hands and a brown smoke rises from their hands. They look like they might be burning themselves but just as a fire forms in their hands, they throw the shard onto the ground.
The smoke, leather and fire take form and there in front of them stands a small wolf formed from smoke and fire. It's only about a foot tall at the shoulder and the people nearbye get a start but they dont move from their seats.
The Firewolves jump up on tables, run under them and seem to fly from point to point. They stop every once in a while to sniff and lick the ground. One stops in the hall between the kitchen and the dining room and burst into a fit or sniffing and darting its gaze around. It is quickly joined by the other firewolf who runs into the kitchen and back. The pair of wolves then dart back out into the dining room and back to the hall as if they lost something, the trail seems to evade them.
At the lack of a trail to follow the wolves return to their masters and jump back into their hands and vanish into a puff of smoke and sparks. One of the policemen apologizes to everyone and announces that the Council will pay for their evening tonite for the inconvenience. Another police enters the hallways and with a stepladder, reaches into a smoke alarm-like device and replaces a small chip/battery.

The event seems to be over as the Garou leave the restaurant with the policemen.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:49 pm

Doc watches the "show" raptly and scans where appropriate. If and when a waiter appears he asks, "What's going on?"
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:12 am

"Si, grazie. C'e stato un incidente." Lucy thanked the policeman and sted that it was an accident. She was now very much at the limit of her Italian. So, she employed her best smile and sought a ride back to her hotel. It seemed the best course of action to follow; she doubted the police would simply let her wander about without a skirt, but then, it was Italy.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:26 am

NARRATIVE UPDATE
March 25, 2010 - 0115
Carpino, Italy

Participants: Armor,Southern Cross, Doctor Chronos, Tigerwasp.

As Lucy arrives at the hotel she notices that there are several policemen accompanying some rather well dressed men in suits. The second elevator shaft in the lobby is closed and the door seems to have been ripped open from the outside and the remnants of something on fire remain in the air. Nine hotel guests are seated in a conference room off of the main lobby and their glum faces can be seen through the glass walls of the room. The door is closed and a pair of suited men stand at the door, talking back and forth. There is a feeling of anticipation on the faces of the authorities, but the emotion passes when they catch sight of Lucy.

Being pointed out by a hotel clerk, a pair of policemen trot over to Lucy.
"ma'am, please. We have been waiting for you and your friends all night." His English is perfect and without accent.

"we need to ask you a few questions about what happened here tonite." He look out the windows to the street outside.
"But where are your friends, we need to talk to them as well?"

the policeman is escorting Lucy toward the suited men who look very excited to see her. One of the suits jogs down the hall a few doors to a private conference room and open the door to await her and the best dressed suit. At this point, they are assuming she is cooperative without being forceful.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum