In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.
In Other Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 Empty
Latest topics
» Die Rolling, HOW to
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 7:17 am by Narrator

» The City; Game discussion
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:24 am by Narrator

» House Rathien and the Paramandic Oath
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 2:00 pm by Narrator

» Divine Code
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:55 pm by Narrator

» Happiness
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:45 pm by Narrator

» Freedom at Last
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 7:27 am by Narrator

» Gear
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 11:44 am by Narrator

» Role Call
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 12:27 pm by Elridge Cleaver

» vacation
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:51 pm by Gavin Harrison

Most active topic starters
Narrator
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries - Page 15 I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries - Page 15 I_vote_rcap 
Red Samaritan
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries - Page 15 I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries - Page 15 I_vote_rcap 
Tigerwasp

Doubts and Discoveries

+3
Galatea
Southern Cross
Narrator
7 posters

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 Empty Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:20 am

NARRATIVE UPDATE
March 25, 2010 - 1530
Carpino, Italy

Participants: Armor,Southern Cross, Doctor Chronos, Tigerwasp.

The team spends the morning and part of the early afternoon running the tourist track. Joe and Lucy wander the shops in which Joe ends up flipping the bill after the first shop; Something about Lucy's account not being open or some such. Her mere name probably caused the charge center computer to short out. The good doctor, Armor and Cross find themselves in a winery tour encompassing drives up to a half hour out of town. This all lends itself to giving the team a good feel for the people. Carefully led conversations by the team leads to the general feeling that the people are in fear of the Council, very much like anyone might fear the authorities in a police state, but in general they are grateful because many atrocities have been averted due to their interference. No one however ever mentions anything about ever seeing a raging garou like the team witnessed in the garage this morning; a handy gadget produced by Armor confirms this.

Before the team split this morning, a rendezvous was planned for this late afternoon at the hotel. Entry back into the hotel is as norm, with the exception that elevator one is still out of commission. Men are currently working on it; apparently one of the hydraulic pumps that power the lifts blew up somehow this morning. No one was hurt but many were scared from the loud noise it created. At least that the story everyone now purports. There is no mention of men in suits and officers swarming the place earlier.

The entire team is now gathered in one of their rooms, food and drinks at the hand, discussing the events and discoveries of the day.

24 hours, or so, until the next update..

Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:16 am

Lucy's selection of 'less respectable' attire is as compelling as it is outrageous. She sat comfortably in the low leather seat with her legs crossed. Most of her shapely legs were now encased in very tall, white thigh boots. The boots naturally had to have ludicrously high heels. They also had a plethora of straps running up the outer length of each. Above them, she wore a tiny pair of shiny black hot pants. They appeared to have been sprayed onto her. her top was a black mesh affair that concealed nothing. She also sported a studded white collar to match ehr boots.

"The shopping was delightful. Many thanks. I can't say that i discovered a great deal. This is all still very new to me, but I'm sure there must be better ways to do things than those the Council seem to prefer. Oh and nothing on the big, bad doggie." She concluded with a sip of her chilled, effervescent, white wine.

Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 21/5/5
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:26 am

Armor chuckles appreciatively. "Spent a little money in town myself, but nothing so exciting as your apparel; couldn't think of anything I really needed." He's relaxed and low-key as ever.

{OOC: later that afternoon, the news will give an especially friendly report on his eight-figure donation to the cash-strapped local school -- on top of the seven-figure scholarship program he added for kids looking to save lives as first responders. Our top story: celebrity superhero takes break from fighting crime, foils budget shortfall! Says he's "helping people help each other". He'll reply to any teammate who asks him about it.}

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 4/8+/9
Demeanor: Optomist
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:38 am

"I know you didn't do that for the accolades or prestige." Commented Lucy. "Which makes it all the more heroic. I'd like to think that I could be so philanthropic were I in your shoes. Oh speaking of shoes: do you like these? I think they're wonderful. I like to think that I am being rather philanthropic too. Dressed like this, I hope to make a few people's day." She laughed self deprecatingly, but evidently enjoyed the attention as much as those who looked upon her.

Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:24 am

"It's the sort of thing the Golden Age Superman would've done." Southern Cross replied.

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/6/6
Demeanor: Honest Abe
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 Left_bar_bleue25/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:12 pm

Southern Cross wrote:"It's the sort of thing the Golden Age Superman would've done." Southern Cross replied.

"Well, sure," Armor responds, genuinely surprised. "Same way each of us fights crime and saves lives; we're all just making a difference however we can, right?" He pauses for a moment. "Which maybe brings us to the elephant in the room..."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:21 pm

Joe had been a hair distracted while he'd helped Lucy shop, and not just by Lucy's eye magnet clothes (although that didn't help). Clearly he'd been bothered by what they'd seen. He hadn't even blinked at the bill.

At the meeting, Chronos put it into words. He said, "Fire alarms. Presumably in every building, and presumably everyone knows... and yet they don't. Public supers and what might pass for law enforcement functioning almost as a secret police. No, like the military police from an occupying force. If everyone knows... when did they learn? And tall dark and grim... a rogue? Or maybe just a scout?"

"Can anyone shed some light on this?"

Doc didn't look at Joe, clearly not expecting any answers there.
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 13/5/15
Demeanor: Paragon
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:00 pm

Doctor Chronos wrote:And tall dark and grim... a rogue? Or maybe just a scout?

Armor leans forward at this. "He was clearly expecting someone, and lying in wait -- but I agree, it doesn't seem like 'assassination' was intended." He pauses, considering. "The whole thing could have been intended as a message, but without knowing the intended target it's hard to intuit."

"As for the rest, let's start with the basics: who benefits from the current arrangement?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:35 am

"I'm still not sure I'm following all this." Lucy interjected.
"So the police types aren't the good guys, or is it that the carabiniari are working with these meta types who are being very cloak and daggery? Is it just here that this happens or all over this world? I mean, if it's all over, that might be a tall order for us to fix. Well, for me anyway. I just tended to catch robbers, thieves drug pushers and some pimps. This world domination stuff is all a bit daunting."
Lucy wished it was all much simpler. Point her at the bad guy/girl and she'd gladly get stuck in. Currently, she really wasn't at all sure if there were any.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:01 pm

Doc replied dryly, "What bothers me is world domination is my thing, and I don't follow this either. But let's see, who does benefit from this... the wolves do. Presumably the council. Whoever makes those fire alarms."

"I think we should talk to that nice man who gave us his business card..." Doc nodded to Lucy. Questioning a man sounded like a job for Tigerwasp.

He continued, "...and we should look into the fire alarms. Someone builds those, someone installs them, and someone pays for all that. Following the money might be interesting. Ditto examining a unit and figuring out what makes it tick. That's apparently the front line sensor... I wonder if they'd let me buy one for my office?"
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:41 pm

Armor shakes his head. "All fine particulars, and I'll help with those inquiries however I can -- but I fear we're overlooking the big-picture answer."

He rubs the back of his neck. "If it's some individual or group artificially propping up these policies, then, sure, we can proceed easily enough. But why postulate an external reason for the popular support? Just put yourself in the place of the man in the street, of someone without special abilities, and ask how you'd feel if unregulated metas largely did as they pleased -- and ask whether you'd support a registry that exempts you and yours, as surely as you'd tolerate and even celebrate those outsiders who vigorously police their own kind for you. What's in the interest of the general public: the alternative, or the status quo?"

"You say it's almost like everyone knows what's going on. What if they simply do? What if it's their idea? How can we counter a global sentiment if it's spontaneous and genuine?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:35 am

"Who watches the watchers?" Southern Cross replied." Besides which, how do we know the global sentiment IS genuine? If they have enough psis to have "redaction teams" in cities,they could have enough redaction ability to manipulate entire populations."
"And even if the sentiment is genuine,it isn't fair or just to assume a minority group are potential terrorists,which is what they seem to be doing."

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 Left_bar_bleue25/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 15 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:34 am

"Wow. Thanks for that explanation." Lucy said, with barely a hint of sarcasm. "I'm glad we've cleared all that up." After a pause, she continued.

"For what its worth, my take on things here is this: I registered and nothing bad has happened to me. It's not like I've been conscripted into some macabre fascist police or anything.
If the wolf was after us, then it could be due to rogue elements within the authority or simply someone going through a rite of passage. How can we know? As the alarms, I don't follow. Are they something that detects meta activity? If they are.." She ashrugged."well, it seems that would accord greater protection to the general public. Perhaps this place is just different, not bad. To be honest, I don't really fancy taking on a whole culture and ethos. Things can get very complicated very fast. Do we now debate philosophy? It's all well and good to defend the downtrodden underdog, but what about 'the greatest good for the greatest number', as J S Mill would argue?"
Lucy was still struggling to come to terms with the whole situation. Matters would be so much easier if the bad simply came crashing through the wall and atacked them.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:45 am

Doc replied, "I don't feel repressed, except perhaps by the wolves, and I don't get the feeling anyone is afraid of us. Everyone seems to fear the wolves, apparently for good reason, and they seem to be in charge. They're also not operating openly with the consent of society. Read the newspaper tomorrow and it might talk about us, but it won't talk about them."
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:09 am

"Oh, so the wolves are the bad guys then?" Lucy responded with a smile. The good Doctor had certainly managed to simplify things for her with his last statement.

"Hmm, not sure how distracting I can be for wolves though." She mused. Given her scant and provocative attire, it seemed to those present at best odd, that she should exhibit such concern.

Last edited by Tigerwasp on Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:44 pm

"I think we're all on the same page: the wolves are bad, other metas deserve the benefit of the doubt, and we need more information about the rest of the situation." Armor pauses, considering. "If that wolf had survived, possibly we'd have a fit subject for interrogation; we'll need a better way to handle 'em in the future."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:13 am

Doc said, "The wolves are supposedly representatives of this council. This has the feel of... I don't know... call it World War 2 occupied France say two generations along. The wolves aren't civilian authorities and they don't represent the locals, they belong to a different power structure. To follow that analogy, there will be collaborators everywhere, especially in the civilian power structure that answers to them."

Doc hesitated then smiled and said, "Or I could be seeing things. Four blind men examining an elephant. We need to find out what everyone knows and thinks is obvious."
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:41 am

"I'm sorry. I'm not much help with this sort of thing. It seems that the wolves are the baddies. As you say, they could have sympathisers with an alternative power struggle. Most like to be on the winning side. Would it help if we shook the tree and see what fell out? I'm for beating up some bad doggies." Lucy was still struggling to get to grips with the situation and sought to see it in the simplest terms possible.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:33 pm

Armor nods in agreement with Doc. "If things are being kept out of the papers, it strikes me that we might learn a thing or two -- off the record -- from newspapermen themselves; we can stick to innocuous questions so long as each one's a potential collaborator, but sooner or later we'll reach someone friendly enough to give us the answers we're really looking for." He grins. "Maybe even on the first try; I tend to get on well with the press."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:51 pm

"Then Armor had better handle the press" Southern Cross replied."I'm better suited for bodyguarding the Doc here-if nothing else, I can always fly him out of danger".

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:47 am

Southern Cross wrote:"Then Armor had better handle the press" Southern Cross replied."I'm better suited for bodyguarding the Doc here-if nothing else, I can always fly him out of danger".
Joe eyed Southern Cross but didn't object to or seem distressed by the offer to replace him. Did Cross know? They weren't dumb or unperceptive. Sooner or later they'd figure it out.

Doc only said, "Thank you. I like the idea of talking to the press, they're clearly in the know. I think... I suggest before that we talk to the cop who gave out his business card. He seemed to want to tell us more, but in a more private setting. Then let's get rid of the language barrier by going back to the states. Whatever is going on seems to be global."
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:58 am

"Global? Oh good." Responded Lucy.
She really did feel in over her head. Still, the others seemed to know what they were doing and had been very good to her. If she could help in some way, she would happily do so.

"When do we fly? I will need to change again." In truth, she was enjoying her current attire and the thought of being 'all respectable sophistication' was not one that currently appealed. However, she would, in all likelihood change her mind many times before the time for departure arrived. Already she was contemplating her wardrobe rather than the challenge ahead.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:33 pm

Armor shrugs amiably. "Makes sense to me."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:16 am

"Same here" Southern Cross replied."We need a base of operations-and it had better be in a place where we can easily communicate with the locals."

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:12 am

Doc nodded and said, "Good."

Doc suggested they try to meet their 'good Samaritan' after hours in a bar or some such. Trying to keep things low key we'll use cash rather than credit cards.

{OOC: Request Scene Change. If he turns us down then I think we just leave.}
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:42 am

NARRATIVE UPDATE
March 25, 2010 - 1900
Carpino, Italy

Participants: Armor,Southern Cross, Doctor Chronos, Tigerwasp.

It turns out that Hellers number leads to a message service. After the message is left rather discretely,(which he promises on the message), it only takers about 15 minutes for him to get back with Doc.

He agrees to meet with you all but is a little apprehensive and says his team had to leave Italy in a hurry. They are back in the states in Lansing Michigan. He says to contact him when you land and he'll send a car.

Pleaes take liberties and detail in brief (or at length) your travel to Michigan.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:54 am

It takes Lucy considerable time to get ready for the journey. She still possessed a limited wardrobe; so the actual packing took scant minutes. The decision as to her attire was an entirely different matter consuming several hours. Eventually, she emerged from the bathroom fully coiffured and covered in make-up. Her perfume was a local concoction that smelled of violets. To complement the smell, she wore a violet dress. It accentuated her narrow waist and flared out down to her calves. The top part of the dress was a strapless bustier that struggled valiantly to contain her magnificent bosom. Her footwear remained as before. She simply liked the boots too much to change out of them. As they were largely hidden by the flowing skirt, they didn't compromise her style.
She was in her usual good mood and flirted with all she encountered; even the stewardesses.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:02 pm

On the trip back, Doc rested and Joe disappeared from the first class section at the start only to reappear at the end of the flight.

During the flight he asked, "Does anyone want to claim they're a good driver? If we're trying to be discreet I probably shouldn't be hiring cars."

{OOC: Observation rolls please, Doc will look, and q-scan for those fire alarm things both on the airplane and in both airports.}
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:02 pm

The member 'Doctor Chronos' has done the following action : Die Roll

'2D10' : 2, 7, 7
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Lucy was generally not the most observant. This held true throughout the flight. If any devices were so blatantly obvious as to be detected by her they would most likely be seen by the others first. Nonetheless in her perusal of others' attire she may glimpse something odd.

Also, I've forgotten how to generate the dice rolls.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum